What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Dragsters

First Grade
Luciano has really impressed me over the last few weeks.

He is running much harder into the line and is letting his ball playing skills flow with some deft passes.

His defence is becoming more solid and he played long minutes tonight which indicates his fitness is improving.

He still has some work to do on the errors in his game but that will come with experience.

I think he adds real x-factor into our pack and will be a key asset in the years to come.

I for one am glad he stuck with the saints and mary is returning the faith by giving him a decent crack.

Keep working hard big fella...

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
He's the ultimate bench impact forward and with Frizell/Sims occupying those starting spots, he offers a strong point of difference for us. His short balls to Dufty and strong ball running late in the halves could prove to be really dangerous.

He just needs to phase out that Leilua gene and work on his discipline and he will serve us well in future seasons.

Dracarys

Juniors
I hardly heard his name during the call tonight so was pleasantly surprised to read you were giving him a wrap.

rasaint

Juniors
He was solid tonight. Don’t know about Luc being an X factor ( he is called Matt Dufty). Happy that Luc wasn’t jersey grabbing tonight.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Would like to see him play some 13 off the bench, as an alternative to Mann.
Great idea. I think that is a must. I think his future lies in the middle, due to his build. That is where I think we should be grooming him to play. I would like to see him take AhMau's spot on the bench next year and come on and play prop. I would tell him to focus on running hard, tackling hard and making no errors, then he can work on his creativity and flair. I do see a lot of potential in Lucky, I just hope that he can fulfill it.

The fact that he did drop something like 10kgs leading into this season, indicates to me that he is prepared to work to becoming a first grade player.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I thought it was his best game yet in the NRL. Whilst he made a few silly errors, he was consistent and seemed to concentrate on his defence. He played long minutes and did not slack off at any point. He certainly runs hard with head down and is difficult to bring down. He'll get better with experience and the positives far outweigh the negatives.
Great contribution to the team effort last night and he'll be in the 17 to stay IMO.

The Damo

Juniors
Didn't see the game so that's good to hear.

I have my doubts about Luc but would like nothing better than to see him succeed.
Compared to his early performances in first grade he looked a different player. Especially his commitment, technique in defence. He tackled really well, backed up and covered for others, was moving faster and looked much fitter than the first half of the year. He must be really putting in at training and listening to the older players. Couple of errors, but one dropped ball came because he got the ball on his hip and didn’t move it up an secure it before absolutely skittling the first guytrying to tackle him and the second knocked it loose. If he’s looking to blast through defenders like that I can forgive that, and he’ll hopefully learn from it too.

Mr Red

First Grade
Dropped a couple of balls, threw a forward pass, so attacking wise he was average.
I was more impressed with his work rate in defence, which hasn’t been a strong point previously...
Definitely cemented a bench spot at the expense of Mann IMO, with Blake lawrie keeping one as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
The more games the better he shall become , only 2 things will prevent him from that .

He must play every game with a 100% commitment.

Mary has given Luc a sniff of what the top grade is all about - please for pity sake leave him in the 1st grade side for the rest of the season and we shall see a most skillful player who could possibly give the Dragons that ‘ X ‘ factor in the forwards come semi final time.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
Still best utilised as an impact bench player. Good to see that, if called upon, he has it in him to not stink it up playing for long minutes.

He’s actually the ideal bench forward to go with 2 bench props. I’d like to see K Sims and Lawrie be the 2 bench props next year with Luc being the 3rd forward (fighting it out with Host). I’m hoping Robson will be ready to fill the utility spot next year as well.

Luc is big enough to play middle if required as well as providing ball skills on the edge.

He could be handy if he cuts out his errors and improves his effort areas.

Bench
I admit when I saw him in the starting lineup I didn’t think that he would play so good.
He surprised me with that performance and the long minutes he played. He is fitter now and looked good in attack and defence.
He will improve with each game. He is a hard man to put down and can get the ball away.
With game time he will improve his overall game.

Latest posts