What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R19 Sun - Warriors 6-12 Storm @ Mt Smart

Round 19: Warriors v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STORM.99/07

Bench
f**k off and go back to following that AFL squad you followed before Melbourne blatantly cheated the salary cap and the remainder of the league, they're still getting away with it to this day, take Cameron Smith and Billy out of that squad and you're nowhere near the team you are today, that's a fact and you and the other 4 fans on this site know it
All I see of your post is BLAH BLAH BLAH and you make no sense at all. I`ve been a member of Storm for 20 yrs

Tommy Smith

Referee
I only watched half the game because I find Melbourne games not only boring, but anathema to what Rugby League is supposed to be; and I was unpleasantly reminded why I think this way.

Four man gang tackles which more closely resembled group sex given how long they took to get off the victim; with Cameron Smith having the refs wrapped around his fingers (and thighs) the whole game.

If any other team played the way they did today they'd have conceded 14 penalties and had 2 or 3 men in the bin.

But that's the evil genius of it. You do it every week and eventually it becomes the norm. And the refs become immune to the sheer robbery and slow ruck speed they're witnessing.

axl rose

Bench
I only watched half the game because I find Melbourne games not only boring, but anathema to what Rugby League is supposed to be; and I was unpleasantly reminded why I think this way.

Four man gang tackles which more closely resembled group sex given how long they took to get off the victim; with Cameron Smith having the refs wrapped around his fingers (and thighs) the whole game.

You'd think that sort of dour play and dominance would force some major rules changes. A bit like St Georges run of 11 eventually forced the unlimited tackle rule to be abolished. But as Phil Gould said on his podcast, when Melbourne is on top of the ladder everyone is smiling down at NRL HQ.

This Year?

Immortal
Well the Storm are on the top of the ladder by percentages with a few rounds before the finals and are looking ominous to go back to back.

I haven't seen the game but it must have been a great defensive effort for both sides.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Well the Storm are on the top of the ladder by percentages with a few rounds before the finals and are looking ominous to go back to back.

I haven't seen the game but it must have been a great defensive effort for both sides.
it was a tough game and both sides played well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Jeez...well I thought it was a pretty good game and the better team won. No major refereeing controversies.

Warriors tried a lot on attack but couldn’t crack the excellent Storm defence. Storm threw a fair bit at the Warriors who were gutsy too.

But apparently I should be focussing on the refs and how this was all part of some huge conspiracy or something