What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I can't tell you how jealous I am that you two bastards were actually good at cricket btw
Haha I was a battler that figured out my own style. Played with and against at least 8-10 international cricketers which was always a cool experience, facing Chris Harris after watching him for so many years was surreal, I got to be 1 of his caught and bowled victims

Blair

Coach
Haha I was a battler that figured out my own style. Played with and against at least 8-10 international cricketers which was always a cool experience, facing Chris Harris after watching him for so many years was surreal, I got to be 1 of his caught and bowled victims
Have you guys retired? I think I have. It came about a few years ago with a washed-out season. I never even went to one practice and I loved practice!

When I moved to the Blue Mountains I joined a local club and played for 15 seasons! I stopped playing cricket at 22 and came back at 36! I miss the camaraderie, the physicality, the challenge. On your day you really felt like Superman sometimes!

But it's over, I think. One negatve with cricket is that it does take up a lot of time, ay?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I stopped at 17 (lack of confidence and didn't like that it seemed to be getting too serious) but took it up again at 25 and have been happy to play no higher than Senior B (so 3rd or 4th grade) level since then. I say "happy to" as if it's a choice when in reality the grade is right at my level.

We haven't practiced once in 13 years so it's no wonder that at 38 I'm not improving. I hate actually playing (the mental stress of potentially dropping a catch or otherwise f**king up is not worth it at all) but it's useful exercise for a fat bastard like me who doesn't do anything else, and I like the drinking afterwards and the occasional sense of personal or team achievement.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I stopped about 7-8 seasons ago, got over training twice a week and the body was over it too lol

had a few cameos here and there, last one a few years back I got a golden duck to the worst ball I ever faced and then did a calf muscle. Asked a few time recently but have been busy, hopefully next season squeeze a couple in

Spent about 13-14 years playing a mix of Prem and 2nd grade stuff

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yea been following that recently, its perfect for them isnt it.... Terrell steps up for JWH, Taylan replaces Manu, both already top drawer players but still with their best years ahead.

I would wet the bed if Cappy did a Cronulla and snuck in to grab both.
Out of nowhere Taylan May signs with Penrith for 2 years

Latest posts