What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

steerlerbab

Juniors
We are a team on the way up. If we can land in a marquee front row, a good number 14 and good replacement for Zac, we should be finals bound. Parra on the other hand, is a team on the way down. Parra's pick was 2 years ago when they made GF. Similar to South Parra is a team of has beens. Personally, I think Zac rushed his decision,

Nutz

Bench
Wouldn't surprise me either
From an outsider looking in I think Lomax is a spoilt lad, it's all about him.
He's proven that he can play outstanding footy at wing, centre and fullback.
He's big enough to make a transition to a ball playing edge later on in his career too.
Just play where your needed and put in.
If it's money then come out and demand more. If it's because he wants out of the shire because of personal reasons then let it be known. If it's because he can't play centre then say it ...the fans deserve better.
Look I'm ignorant of the whole affair and some of the things I've said may have been revealed but it just seems odd that he's playing the best footy of his career and seems happy now.
Is it because the whole weight is off his shoulders? What's the weight?

Last edited:

Rocket Rod

Juniors
He's proven that he can play outstanding footy at wing, centre and fullback. He's big enough to make a transition to a ball playing edge later on in his career too.
If it's money then come out and demand more. If it's because he want to get out of the shire because of personal reasons then let it be known. If it's because he can't play centre then say if ...the fans deserve better.
Look I'm ignorant of the whole affair and some of the things I've said has been revealed but it just seems odd that he's playing the best footy of his career and seems happy now.
Is it because the whole weight is off his shoulders? What's the weight?
I agree wholeheartedly and I’m still scratching my head trying to fathom what’s happened. Flanno has got the best out of him which I never ever expected that he was a sleeping elite player ready to explode under the right coach. Now he’s going to a shit team in Parra for less money? Please!
If it was the Panfers, or Rorters, or the Cap cheats I’d sort of understand, but Parra????

TheRev

First Grade
I think the period of time from late 2023 till February there was a lot of moody emotional crap that would have effected his teammates and himself.... he would have been fixated on getting out and how to go about it...

Flanno thought if he played wing for a month he might see how it felt he might come around but I think his mind was made up.. that said.. maybe he needed 2 months... but it is what it is, its done.

I would say that, on evidence, Flanno is a better coach than Zac, but Zac is a better player than Flanno was. The caveat is that Flanno's playing career has been completed while Zac could still become a better coach than Flanno.

No doubt he has a lot to offer regarding his approach to his footballing, I’d not cavil with you there. But I’m doubtful if he could transmit those values effectively given his accompanying self centred belief system.

Id not want him engaged in talks encouraging players to stay or play where selected.

It seems to me that he is at odds with the Flanno regime and given a choice, I’d prefer to Flanno to stay and “do his thing” than have Zac having a disproportionate impact on player deployment.

Flanno has exceeded all expectations to date. Hes been a revelation.

dungay dragon

Juniors
No doubt he has a lot to offer regarding his approach to his footballing, I’d not cavil with you there. But I’m doubtful if he could transmit those values effectively given his accompanying self centred belief system.

Id not want him engaged in talks encouraging players to stay or play where selected.

It seems to me that he is at odds with the Flanno regime and given a choice, I’d prefer to Flanno to stay and “do his thing” than have Zac having a disproportionate impact on player deployment.

Flanno has exceeded all expectations to date. Hes been a revelation.
Will be interesting to find out ..If there is a get a get out clause in the Lomax Deal if BA gets the heave ho
Watching him again during the game and leading the Team Song i didnt see a disgruntled player....:confused::confused:

Illusion

Bench
Will be interesting to find out ..If there is a get a get out clause in the Lomax Deal if BA gets the heave ho
Watching him again during the game and leading the Team Song i didnt see a disgruntled player....:confused::confused:
Yep strange one this , Flanno if he wanted him could have done a Hunt on him and said you ain't going anywhere ....... The only reason for me in all of this would make any sense is , Flanno has a big signing coming equal or better ...... Otherwise it doesn't make sense at all ....... Lomax is in career best form .......

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yep strange one this , Flanno if he wanted him could have done a Hunt on him and said you ain't going anywhere ....... The only reason for me in all of this would make any sense is , Flanno has a big signing coming equal or better ...... Otherwise it doesn't make sense at all ....... Lomax is in career best form .......
Just perhaps
Staggs or Cobbo from the Broncs
Contract negotiations still unresolved up North
would welcome either

Nutz

Bench
He's proven that he can play outstanding footy at wing, centre and fullback.
He's big enough to make a transition to a ball playing edge later on in his career too.
Sorry Saints fans, I had to edit the original post as it was painful to read...too many amber fluids me feel. ;)

Latest posts