What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send Off trivia

IanG

Coach
If its the Earl Park riot, there were claims of biting, leading to a massive brawl where even members of the crowd started fighting and it spilled onto the ground.

Who get sent off, after fulltime during a game, on the 1990 Kangaroo Tour, for swearing?

Speaking of which does anybody remember the first game of the 1998 season when Geoff Toovey and John Hopoate were both sent off for continual decent?

Brutus

Referee
Speaking of which does anybody remember the first game of the 1998 season when Geoff Toovey and John Hopoate were both sent off for continual decent?

Against Brisbane at ANZ Stadium. Bill was the ref.

It was the first competition match following the horrrid superleague season.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah, correct.

I had the actual games at the time but I can't remember now.

Done some research, there's two that I know was in 1963 and 1966.

Both were the 3rd tests of the series. One where he led with his knees while an Australian player was already tackled, another where he put a "coat-hanger" on Noel Kelly.

Not sure if two was the exact number but surprisingly he wasnt sent off when he famously head butted Jim Morgan in 1970.

Who get sent off, after fulltime during a game, on the 1990 Kangaroo Tour, for swearing?

Wouldnt be surprised if it was Geyer.