What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R13 Fri :: Tigers 10 Panthers 26 @ Leichhardt

Round 13 :: Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigfoot

Juniors
If you go completely by the book that last try shouldn't really have been awarded to Penrith, so I guess it's a square up for the pass off the ground.
Proud that the boys hung in there. If that was last year or the year before we would have got run down EASILY. But we're certainly showing some pride and enthusiasm at the moment. :)
How GOOD was Pritchard's hit on Laurie? :crazy:
Bad luck Tigers. Hopefully you can still make the finals, as you are my 2nd favourite team (if I was absolutely forced to pick one).

choc_soldier

Coach
Relieved to be honest. Could have been one of those 'the better team lost' matches.

We're playing more 80 minute footy this year - I'm loving it!

pantherz9103

First Grade
Good win tonight. The Tigers really look threatening but just dropped too much ball and made some poor decisions under pressure. The refs again got on my nerves, but I'm certainly happy with a win by 16 points and maintaining our spot in the 8. Good to see Walsh step up when the game was there to be won and scoring 2 tries. Disappointing that Lewis has an injury, hope he won't be out for long, injuries are threatening to derail us but we're doing ok with a 7-5 record at the moment.

Too many errors from the Tigers, they don't look like a Top 8 team so far this year. The Panthers on the other hand have really turned the corner. Walsh has been a great buy for them as much as I dislike us still having Dureau instead.

choc_soldier

Coach
No Lewis will hurt us - he's been on fire for us this year.

At least we should get Jenko next week for the pink panther match v Manly.

mxlegend99

Referee
The refereeing tonight was a joke. Panthers did well to grab the win in the end. When the Tigers were awarded the BS try from a pass off the ground i was thinking it was game over.

So often those sorts of decisions willl absolutely destroy momentum and change it altogether. Great work by the guys to hang in and grab the win though. A couple if disallowed tries against us, and an allowed try that shouldn't have been... yet we still came away with a big win.

Red Bear

Referee
Robbie Farah should've put his arm up in the air on the held up decisions, would've been given straight away with no look at the video...

Anyway seemed a decent game from my vantage point at work. The almost try when John Morris got dragged down on the line would've been try of the season IMO, that was brilliant rugby league.

Its a pity the tigers make some dumb decisions and soft tackles because they are far and away the best side to watch play footy in the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
This game probably ruled Luke Lewis out of State of Origin Game 2. Hopefully Trent Waterhouse can keep playing as he did last night and be the bloke to benefit from Luke Lewis being injured.

injuries....
Luke Lewis ~4 weeks
Geoff Daniela ~???? would assume a fair while, i think i heard he dislocated his knee?
Michael Gordon ~5 weeks before he comes back, need him desperately though
Jarrod Sammut - should play next week? was 50/50 for last night
Michael Jennings - not sure how bad his injury is... but he was a minor chance last night. might be back next week.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Its a pity the tigers make some dumb decisions and soft tackles because they are far and away the best side to watch play footy in the comp.

Maybe for neutrals it is enjoying watching the same mistakes over and over again, but for us fans, its really not good to watch.

We are a f**king disgrace. Can I just say that Robbie Farah is a god. To put in that performance backing up after a debut Origin game was amazing. He should be absolutely filthy at the rest of the side, and the rest of them should be embarrassed and disgusted with themselves.

We are f**ked. Same sh*t year after year yet no changes are made. PATHETIC.

maple_69

Bench
Was that Penrith finally being 'good enough to overcome the rubbish decisions' rather than let us mourn what could have been?
Two crap calls on tries split down the middle so can't really complain.
My highlight was Elford's tackle to save a try just before the Marshall abomination. Inspirational sh*t.

murraymob

Coach
we have turned the corner and are heading in the right direction.I feel we are still off the top sides but getting closer.The young guys will keep getting better.Walsh with more games under his belt should grow in confidence and take the line on more