What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Sun :: Sea Eagles 20 Raiders 14 @ Brookvale

Round 15 :: Sea Eagles v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mave

Coach
I don't think anybody should be crowing about anything to do with the crowd. Today was proof positive that venues like Brookvale either need serious upgrading, or Manly move. Simple as that. 8182 on a Sunday afternoon is terrible.

You're about as predictable as Skeepe:lol:

Garts

Bench
I don't think anybody should be crowing about anything to do with the crowd. Today was proof positive that venues like Brookvale either need serious upgrading, or Manly move. Simple as that. 8182 on a Sunday afternoon is terrible.

Who is crowing about the crowd?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wrong choice of words - perhaps I should have said Manly fans can hardly be bagging the Raiders for not making noise... sh*t crowd.

And Mave, pray-tell how I'm predictable? I'm the one in the Crowd Watch Thread defending Sydney crowds most of the time, but Sunday arvo and the only game in Sydney gets 8k... pisspoor.

~knights~

Juniors
he was talking about how quiet the raiders army was not about their no.s

no-one mentioned the crowd

Garts

Bench
Wrong choice of words - perhaps I should have said Manly fans can hardly be bagging the Raiders for not making noise... sh*t crowd.

And Mave, pray-tell how I'm predictable? I'm the one in the Crowd Watch Thread defending Sydney crowds most of the time, but Sunday arvo and the only game in Sydney gets 8k... pisspoor.

I actually said they (being the Raiders Army) had a good turn out. And yes I can have a little dig at them for making limited noise when a few on here have on a number of occasions proclaimed they are the greatest fanbase in terms of creating atmosphere through the armys singing etc. For the record I was not serious anyway, I only said it for a bit of stir.

Agree the crowd of $8k was poor. But I seriously doubt having a new ground would make a massive difference. Would definately get a few more in the gates but not thousands more. It had been raining all weekend and not many people would want to go out in that. I only went as it was not live on tv. Otherwise I would have stayed home. Even if the game was at a ground like the SFS I would not have gone if it was live on tv.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the raiders army started the year well but we've been utter garbage the last 2 months or so, we try, the core members sing their hearts out all day but when you're travelling poorly over a season and the game the tag alongs dont have motivation to sing with the same gusto

very dissappointing game
we played like balls but still some how managed to get in the game in the late stages. Kelly dropping the ball with the line open, Milne chipping instead of taking on Robertson, which im sure he'd have scored, and Thurling not getting the ball out to Croker/Graham when they were un marked, three tries gone beggin, and Milne was DISGRACEFUL at the back defensively

didnt get a play on for the first try, should have stopped that, and the second aswell, some key drop ball too, and positionally he was average. If Josh Dugan isnt in the side next week, ill deadset neck myself

effnic

Bench
Timmah with his usual trolling ruining threads with his agenda against brookie oval YAWN.

gong_eagle

First Grade
I was pleased with the debut of Keiren Foran, it will be hard for Des not to pick him for our next game

Daddycool

Juniors
Well I was one of those 8182 and proud of it. The threat of rain obviously kept plenty of people away. Add to that, playing Canberra as opposed to a Sydney metro club.

Anyway...a good day. Sunday afternoon at Brookvale and a win = :D.

Manly were good for the first 20mins, then dropped off their intensity for the rest of the game. The Raiders were poor to very poor for the first 60 odd mins, then just flicked the switch. That last 15 mins by them, they were full of enthusiasm. They scored three tries but could have scored 5-6 if their execution had been better.

The refereeing was at it's usual poor standard, but both teams copped it, so....no real effect on the game.

From a Manly perspective, it was good to see Foran do so well on debut. Farrar impressed again and both were great defensively. Another 2 points today, plus the bye next week......and, of course back in the 8.:)

The bottom line is.....Manly, along with the Storm and the Cowboys got the wins they needed, minus their Origin players. All their opponents ran close, but ultimately came up short. None of them were classics, but a win is a win.

Tommax25

Bench
the entire Manly defensive line - including Warea-Hargreaves - were offside for the last Manly try and it should not have been given.

Add to that the ridiculous penalty against TLL for something that happens in every game - not to mention the fact that it was awarded about 4 tackles after it happened, something I have never ever ever ever seen before, and despite playing like absolute rubbish for most of the match, we would have won but for those blatantly wrong decisions.

Real result: Raiders 14 Manly 12 (+8 from blatantly incorrect refereeing decisions)

That's now 4 games this season we've lost solely due to bad refereeing decisions.

I've seen that plenty, but I hate it. Either give them the penalty or let them take their advantage, not do both.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Where is Dugan, injured? He looked good in the 2 games I saw.

Its a bit like Where's Wally.

See if you can spot the most talented player at the Raiders. Last seen in the South-East Queensland region. Send any sightings to David Furner.