What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Warriors 14 Bulldogs 18 @ Mt Smart

Round 18 :: Warriors v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That was before I saw the team named.

Given that the week after Origin we get Hannant and Idris back, I've got full confidence in the 'Dogs to go all the way. 2009 Premiers.

Garts

Bench
I doubt the dogs will win it this year. 2010 is when they have a massive shot.

Warriors to win this weekend with all the players out for the Dogs, and coming off a big game last night.

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
Hang on, you called me a fool when I suggested a while back this might happen to the Dogs....I do recall saying in about 3-4 weeks time the Dogs will struggle and could slip a bit....you couldn't help but take the piss, yet now you agree with me??

oh right so you knew ennis and kimmorley were going to get picked for origin, eastwood and goodwin would be suspended?

perrrrrrrrrrrrleeeeeeeeeease

anything *might* happen, to skite about picking something like that is just ludicrous

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
we won't win the comp, we don't have enough size

BS, Hannant can win us the comp on his own. Dragons were all over us until Hannant came to the rescue, and then we were all over them. We've got just as much chance as any other contender. Come semi final time it's gonna come down to injuries and who turns up on the day.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Exactly right. We're not done for yet, noone from 1st to 9th is IMO.

jimmythehand

Juniors
jpaccio, can you explain to me how a team is at nearly full strength when they're missing their two starting front rowers (one of them a marquee signing) as well as an outside back that carved up the opposition in their previous meeting?

Timmah

Staff member
The Bulldogs will have their depth tested this weekend after Greg Eastwood and Bryson Goodwin accepted early guilty pleas to dangerous throw charges on Wednesday.
Eastwood and Goodwin will both miss two NRL matches, starting with Sunday's meeting with the Warriors in Auckland, stretching a Bulldogs roster already decimated by injury and Origin commitments.
Manly hooker Heath L'Estrange will miss three matches after also pleading guilty to a grade two dangerous throw, all three charges emanating from Monday night's spiteful Brookvale Oval clash the Sea Eagles won 19-12.
On Tuesday, Melbourne hooker Ryan Hinchcliffe accepted a one-match ban for striking while Wests Tigers five-eighth Benji Marshall was cleared to play despite pleading guilty to a grapple tackle.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ldogs-duo-cop-two-match-nrl-bans/default.aspx

No word as yet on replacements. NZ are in trouble if we bring Crisp in, he's been breaking records in NSW Cup.

Bodsy

Juniors
I think warriors might be too good for under strengthen dogs outfit. They'll put up a gallant effort.

Dogs quite possibly have the biggest two weeks of their season so far.

Warriors and Titans, Two very big games.

Timmah

Staff member
Titans backing up from MNF to play FNF will mean they'll be a little sore and sorry IMO.

Cletus

First Grade
I think warriors might be too good for under strengthen dogs outfit. They'll put up a gallant effort.

Dogs quite possibly have the biggest two weeks of their season so far.

Warriors and Titans, Two very big games.

I don't think the Warriors are too good for anyone except Souths atm. They'll probably bomb three or four certain tries, they'll probably win but I can't tip them.

thommo4pm

Coach
oh right so you knew ennis and kimmorley were going to get picked for origin, eastwood and goodwin would be suspended?

perrrrrrrrrrrrleeeeeeeeeease

anything *might* happen, to skite about picking something like that is just ludicrous

Where did I say I knew that was going to happen? :roll:
I said if the Dogs get some injuries and suspensions (which has now happened), they will struggle, especially given both byes came so early in the season for the Dogs.
Again......it is very hard to stay mentally and physically "up" for 17 weeks straight which is what the Dogs need to do from their 2nd bye to get through to the Grand Final.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Where did I say I knew that was going to happen? :roll:
I said if the Dogs get some injuries and suspensions (which has now happened), they will struggle, especially given both byes came so early in the season for the Dogs.
Again......it is very hard to stay mentally and physically "up" for 17 weeks straight which is what the Dogs need to do from their 2nd bye to get through to the Grand Final.

Can you name a team that wouldn't struggle if they lost their starting hooker, halfback, marquee signing like Hannant, plus 4 others?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors points scored so far this season round by round.

With numbers that bad you'd think they were representing the Black Caps, not the Warriors.

10/15 games they've been kept to between 10-14 points.

Winning isn't enough. If they can't score 20+ points and win comfortably at home against half a team on a short turnaround then they are in a bigger hole than I thought, and I wrote the Warriors off this season about a month ago.

First 30 minutes will decide. Warriors should've had the Broncos and Titans finished off by then. If the Dogs can hold them then the Warriors lack of fitness will show in the second half and the Dogs could sneak it.

pantherz9103

First Grade
A 9 match streak of scoring just 10-14 points - That's appalling after such a good finish to last year. I can't believe I tipped them for top 4 :(. I can't see a repeat this year, Stacey Jones just isn't the player he used to be.

Dogs could still win this. But I'll tip Warriors and hopefully they can get past 14 for once. So I'll go Warriors 16-12.