What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 :: ALL STARS :: Indigenous v NRL @ Skilled

All Stars match result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-allstars.jpg

2010teams-indigenous.jpg

Carl Webb (Cowboys) Cory Paterson (Knights) Daine Laurie (Panthers) George Rose (Sea Eagles)
Greg Inglis (Storm) Jamal Idris (Bulldogs) Jamie Soward (Dragons) Jharal Yow Yeh (Broncos)
Joel Thompson (Raiders) Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) Blake Ferguson (Sharks) Nathan Merritt (Rabbitohs)
PJ Marsh (Broncos) Preston Campbell (capt, Titans) Sam Thaiday (Broncos) Scott Prince (Titans)
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders) Travis Waddell (Raiders) Wendell Sailor (Dragons) Yileen Gordon (Bulldogs)​

2010teams-nrlallstars.jpg

1. Billy Slater (Storm)
2. Israel Folau (Broncos) 3. Michael Jennings (Panthers) 4. Matt Cooper (Dragons) 5. Manu Vatuvei (Warriors)
6. Darren Lockyer (Broncos) 7. Benji Marshall (Tigers)
8. Adam Blair (Storm) 9. Cameron Smith (Storm) 10. Dave Taylor (Rabbitohs)
11. Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles) 12. Gareth Ellis (Tigers)
13. Luke O’Donnell (Cowboys)​

Interchange:
14. Kurt Gidley (Knights) 15. Anthony Tupou (Sharks) 16. Nate Myles (Roosters) 17. Alan Tongue (Raiders)
18. Luke Bailey (Titans) 19. Josh Morris (Bulldogs) 20. Jarryd Hayne (Eels)​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Shayne Hayne, Tony Archer,
Luke Phillips & Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Henry Perenara & Steve Chiddy
Video Referee: TBA​

MATCH DAY SCHEDULE
* 4:00pm – Gates Open
* 4:40pm – Queensland U/16’s Indigenous vs NSW U/16’s Indigenous
* 6:15pm – Pre-Game Entertainment
* 6:30pm – Harvey Norman All Stars​

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
Could have a huge bearing on season '10. Plenty of quality players on show, first hit out of the year. A few injuries could def be on the cards. Hopefully only Melbourne, Brisbane and Bulldogs players though.

Timmah

Staff member
NRL and Indigenous All Stars forced to make four changes

February 04, 2010 NRL All Stars Coach, Wayne Bennett, and Indigenous All Stars coach, Neil Henry, are each looking at replacement options after four players were declared unavailable.
The NRL All Stars have lost forwards David Taylor, Gareth Ellis, and Alan Tongue.

Taylor injured an ankle at training on Thursday, Tongue aggravated a wrist injury and Ellis has withdrawn on compassionate grounds to be with his wife after the birth of the English couple’s first child.

The Indigenous All Stars have lost Daine Laurie who suffered a foot injury.

Replacements for both twenty-man squads will be confirmed on Friday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26677661-23214,00.html

Timmah

Staff member
Referees:
Shayne Hayne, Tony Archer,
Luke Phillips & Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Henry Perenara & Steve Chiddy
Video Referee: TBA

AN UNPRECEDENTED string of injuries has seen Robbie Farah and Issac Luke placed on standby for Saturday week's historic All Stars clash on the Gold Coast.
The pair were ready to be brought in for the NRL All Stars side late last night to replace Wests Tigers' Gareth Ellis and Souths' Dave Taylor.
Indigenous back-rower Daine Laurie and All Stars utility Alan Tongue were also scratched yesterday, while Indigenous ace Greg Inglis (hip) is not expected to regain fitness for the Skilled Park encounter.
Giant Souths recruit Taylor rolled his ankle during a field session on Tuesday, a mishap that has pushed back his Rabbitohs' debut beyond Sunday's Return to Redfern trial against Manly.
Canberra workaholic Tongue, meanwhile, aggravated a long-standing wrist injury and was devastated to miss out on the historic match. English import Ellis is fit and firing, but has requested to stay in Sydney to be at his partner Rachael's side as she nurses the couple's newborn son, Isaac William.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-dave-taylor/story-e6frexnr-1225826913549

skeepe

Immortal
Poor Tonguey. I was really looking forward to seeing him play this game, he deserves it more than anyone.

I'd imagine we'll see Farah, Luke and Shillington come in for the All Stars, with probably Bailey and Tupou moving into the starting team. Who is eligible to replace Laurie for the indigineous team?

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I would've thought a Panther would have to replace him?

Timmah

Staff member
Greg Inglis is the latest player to be ruled out of next week's All Stars clash while Greg Bird has been called into the Indigenous team following his court acquittal on Friday.
Bird, now contracted to the Gold Coast Titans, is joined in the squad by South Sydney's Beau Champion for the clash at Skilled Park on February 13.
Champion replaces 2009 Golden Boot winner Inglis, who failed to overcome a hip injury to become the fifth player to withdraw from the clash in the past two days.
The Kangaroos, Queensland and Melbourne Storm centre remains determined to help its promotion by joining the team in camp as soon as his treatment schedule allows.
"I'm extremely disappointed," Inglis said.
Indigenous All Stars coach Neil Henry confirmed former Cronulla star Bird, cleared in a Sydney court of five charges from a nightclub incident two years ago, would replace the injured Daine Laurie.
The NRL All Stars are yet to finalise changes to the team following the withdrawals of Gareth Ellis, Alan Tongue and David Taylor.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...09/inglis-out-of-all-stars-clash/default.aspx

skeepe

Immortal
Greg Bird are you f**king kidding me? Replacing a prop with a 5/8th?

Crazy stuff. Surely another prop would have been better? There were a couple eligible who could have done the job... Zac Merritt or Palmer Wapau spring to mind.

perverse

Referee
that banner is an absolute rabble.

the blue and green in the sig banner is also vomit inducing on the brown/gold.

but onto the match... i think it'll be a sloppy affair, with the NRL allstars taking it comfortably. Thurston will spit the dummy a bit, go missing and have a sook... but it's the indigenous forwards that will really get dominated.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm trying to make it hard for you perverse, fair go :p

skeepe, wtf? Greg Inglis = centre. Greg Bird = 5/8th.

WTF are you on about with "prop"?

skeepe

Immortal
I'm trying to make it hard for you perverse, fair go :p

skeepe, wtf? Greg Inglis = centre. Greg Bird = 5/8th.

WTF are you on about with "prop"?

Sorry, I assumed you were capable of basic reading and comprehension.

Greg Inglis, a centre, was replaced by Beau Champion, also a centre.

Daine Laurie, a prop, was replace by Greg Bird, a 5/8th.

Is that any clearer, or do you need me to dumb it down any further?

perverse

Referee
one thing the indigenous team does have going for it is passion. they will want it more than the NRL all stars, imo. they're representing their culture... whereas the NRL team is... well essentially just someone for them to play against.

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry, I assumed you were capable of basic reading and comprehension.

Greg Inglis, a centre, was replaced by Beau Champion, also a centre.

Daine Laurie, a prop, was replace by Greg Bird, a 5/8th.

Is that any clearer, or do you need me to dumb it down any further?

The article's first line mentioned Inglis and Bird, how dare I make such an assumption :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
Greg Bird are you f**king kidding me? Replacing a prop with a 5/8th?

Crazy stuff. Surely another prop would have been better? There were a couple eligible who could have done the job... Zac Merritt or Palmer Wapau spring to mind.

:lol: Wapau?

He's the bush league equivalent of Eastwood.