What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin II | Wed 16 Jun | QLD 34-6 NSW | Suncorp

Origin II - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
What hurts is seeing f**kwits like Creagh and Cooper pull on a NSW jersey. Do these 2 nuffies actually have one heart between them?

CMUX

Ha ha yeah Pearce was great..... what did he do again? Remind me.

He did us much as anyone could do in the circumstances considering NSW had 26 sets with 10 errors. The forwards did not at any stage lay a platform and the outside backs were horrendous in defence.

Pearce was good in defence and probably had 2 sets to attack in QLD’s quarter and set up a try. He tried to run the ball a couple of times but it’s a bit hard when there was no momentum created for him and his kicking game could have been better but ne never got the opportunity to kick in attack, always long kicks under extreme pressure with the odd bomb from 40m out with no one chasing.

What do you want to happen, I know lets drop Pearce because it is clearly his fault NSW suck and put in Soward. Then when they lose in game 3 we will drop him and put in Mullen next year and then the first game he loses we will put someone else in and hopefully by the end of next year we have 8 halves with shattered confidence! Fair dinkum, your attitude is exactly why NSW are losing, give the kid a chance and judge him at the end of next season instead of one game!

Ribs

Bench
Where did I say drop Pearce?

He did nothing, whatever the excuses, of which you seem to have plenty. I almost feel sorry for him after your dribble.

The whole team sucked, Bellamy is only a decent coach when his side is stacked. He is the only one I'd be sacking.

renouf

Juniors
What hurts is seeing f**kwits like Creagh and Cooper pull on a NSW jersey. Do these 2 nuffies actually have one heart between them?

Cooper shouldn't be there, no doubt about that. Compare him to any of QLD's centres and he looks second rate, so how he continues to be picked is beyond me (his pro st.george mate Laurie Daley)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cooper is a joke...defensively weak and slow on the attack.

Get rid of him...
Agreed completely apart from "defensively weak". While his showing for NSW was very poor, at club level he's normally a very good defender.

Ribs

Bench
The funniest part is that many of those calling for Cooper to be axed want Jennings in there. Worst centre defender in the comp.

Timmah

Staff member
Part of the problem is that we got so focused on defence we picked two defensive centres. If you're concerned about Jennings' defence then maybe we should go for Josh Morris instead, who has the attacking flair but is a reasonably solid defender.

Gaba

First Grade
Part of the problem is that we got so focused on defence we picked two defensive centres. If you're concerned about Jennings' defence then maybe we should go for Josh Morris instead, who has the attacking flair but is a reasonably solid defender.

Under Bellamy , it would not change there are no plans , Morris ,jennings or any other centre would look ordinary in defense or attack.If those players were in the team in game 2 qld probably score 50 and nsw would have still been lucky to score 6 points

Because there would be no plan for them to work on, they would have to figure out the plan by themselves which would make them change the way they played.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I hate that I agree with gaba, it really did look like there were no plans on Wednesday night :(

I have said before anyway - Bellamy's gotta go.

Ribs

Bench

My thoughts prior to the first game were that Cooper was very lucky, I'd have had the second best Morris there for sure.

The issue wasn't our outside defence so much as the whole defensive line being poorly drilled with no communication. Cooper and Morris don't go from the best to the worst in a week or so, the whole line from the ruck out were all over the place, the coach can take the blame for that. As well as the selectors for chopping the team up all the time.

It's fine to say the Qld roll on nullified our halves but it also put the sh*ts through us as a defensive unit across the board.

Latest posts