What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Sat | Bulldogs 16-20 Knights | ANZ

Result: Bulldogs v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
Full time. Well deserved by the Knights, despite what I've said it's great to see a club come back from such adversity.

Alright, who hijacked skeepes account?

Idris belongs in the backrow imo. He just seems too slow and lacks any decent passing skills to be a good centre.

Great win by the boys tonight. Simmo really wound back the clock

Lambretta

First Grade
omnomnomonmonomnomnomnom

Thats the sound of me eating my hat, my words and everything else

Congratulations on Newcastle for taking advantage of everyone under estimating them and coming up with the goods tonight. Great effort.

The Dogs were horrible in that first half with an error strewn, lack lustre performance, but dont let that take away from Newcastle who took full advantage

The Dogs will bounce back (they're rarely that bad two weeks running) but good on Newcastle for making fools of all of us and getting the job done.

MC DUI

Juniors
RESPECT!!!!! We earned it people.

Props to Skeepe, just read through the thread and you had solid comments the whole way.....IN A KNIGHTS GAME!!!!

Maybe now people will realise we were like 2 close games away from top 4 last year, we have a solid team. Cory Paterson is going to be one of the best players in the NRL by the time origin comes, you watch. =D

Noa

First Grade
Idris muffed that last play, he had McDonnell on toast. He was either going to beat him with strength or pass inside to Turner FTW, no need to kick it when he did.

thommo4pm

Coach
Excellent effort by the Knights, with so many regular players out before the match....and then basically down to 14 at full time.
Ben Cross went off and didn't come back on, they could have used him late in the match...along with the other 2 blokes already mentioned in the backs.

I hate to think what the Knights could have done with Gidley & De Gois out there last night.

Why did McDougall pull out? I haven't seen if it's been covered off in here anywhere else.

The Dogs had enough ball in that second half to win 3 matches of footy.

Sleep

Juniors
Idris' defense on the edge is horrible. His lack of lateral movement and horrible footwork make him an easy beat. They need to move him into the backrow where he isn't marked up against guys who are going to turn him inside out every time. On top of that he makes horrible reads. He'll leave Turner on an island all year if he keeps it up.

When he has the ball in his hands it's a good match up for him against smaller defenders but overall the advantage is still far in the opposite teams favor.

If Idris wants to last in the NRL he has to move to the back row. His edge defence is diabolical. Any half/5-8 with a pace can cut him to pieces.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Impressive display from Newcastle, particularly the first 60 minutes. Having said that, they won't go near Melbourne next week if the Storm turn up. Credit where credit's due to both sides IMO... was a fantastic game to sit through.

Bicey_18

Bench
Impressive display from Newcastle, particularly the first 60 minutes. Having said that, they won't go near Melbourne next week if the Storm turn up. Credit where credit's due to both sides IMO... was a fantastic game to sit through.

Newcastle do play pretty well against Melbourne, especially at home. Knights are very hard to beat in Newcastle and wouldnt be surprised if to see the Knights get up, especially with Melbourne missing a few players

Big Pete

Referee
Newcastle do play pretty well against Melbourne, especially at home. Knights are very hard to beat in Newcastle and wouldnt be surprised if to see the Knights get up, especially with Melbourne missing a few players

Yep, if injuries are kind I can easily see the Knight's coming off with another impressive victory.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Melbourne were fairly average against Cronulla and we did have two backs missing for the last 10 mins or so ...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did you miss Nanai limping off? Forced us to play Gordon in the centres and Idris on the wing. You should've been able to expose that easily in the last ten...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That happened with about 5 to go tbph. By that time you'd had all the ball for the previous 10-15 and we were holding on ...

Latest posts