What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R18 | Sun | Panthers 6-12 Warriors | CUA

Result: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STG-Dragon

Juniors
It happened again, teams that manage to get a win against the Dragons this season have tended to go into a form slump soon after. I put this down to them gaining a false sense of confidence after the victory e.g them taking to much out of beating saints (giving us to much credit also). I like the Panthers but believe their position on the ladder flatters them. They really seem to have nothing in attack except for a 5th tackle bomb or chip. And the Reffing towards the Panthers was a joke today, the Panthers had enough ball in great position to win 3 games, it was a good win away for the Warriors.

Last edited:

MacDougall

First Grade
On a plus for the Panthers, Daine Laurie was a lot better than I thought he was going to be. His runs weren't as destructive as we saw last year but they were still very effective and he always ended up on his tummy, getting good speedy play the balls. His defensive reads were better than I am used to seeing from him too. Not a bad debut game, considering I heard he was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off the pace coming out of Windsor.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith missed Frank Pritchard today. He usually fires up against the Warriors, our forwards lacked penetration today and Jennings caught a cold with no good ball. Warriors in good form now, have to give them credit.

I'm not too worried yet. I'll be worried if we get into a real form slump and we slide down the ladder. My expectations and hopes were for top 8 this year, barring a real bad run we'll be there, although being 2nd at this stage you'd like to think they can get a home semi. A flat performance today against a spirited and physical Warriors side, again showing how hard it is to win 5 in a row.

TheFrog

Coach
It happened again, teams that manage to get a win against the Dragons this season have tended to go into a form slump soon after.

Teams playing on Monday night tend to lose afterwards too. The Panthers put a lot into the game last week and four of them played Origin. No doubt Monday's game took a bit out of the players who played. Despite that we had by far the better of play in the second half today but were not able to breach the defence. Having said that the Warriors were magnificent in defence and we were flat in attack.

Iafeta

Referee
he's got to. i've never called a refereeing effort crooked in my life, but that was almost as close as you can get without him throwing on a panthers jersey.

I'm not sure what he's said in the official press conference, but on ABC he basically praised the team for enduring a refereeing performance where basically only one team was being refereed.

Iafeta

Referee
I said last week in these forums that Penrith reminded me of us last year.

Penrith's win over us last week I likened to us beating Melbourne last year.

The season slowly started to decline from there.
I can see Penrith's going the same way.
They'll play a lot of footy without a break by the time the finals come around.
Teams will begin to defend their kicks, as the Warriors did today.

60 odd tackles in the opposition 20, and could only score 1 dubious try.

The Warriors, absolutely magnificent today.
Take a bow, that was all guts.
How some of the Penrith players were complaining at times is beyond me....they had just about every call go their way.

I'm very happy for the Warriors to be cemented in the top 8, they are a good side who have had a horrible run with injury this year.

Penrith will face some more trouble over the coming weeks, starting with Parra next week.

A couple of times there you'd swear someone had pinched the last dollar out of Petro Civinoceva's wallet. His reactions, despite blatant favouritism, were quite humourous.

age.s

First Grade
Fair go the Warriors were deadset brilliant defensively today. I don't care how average we looked in attack they didn't give us a sniff. Calling the bombs arsey and lucky is rubbish. They're a legitimate tactic that when well executed is difficult to defend and the Warriors are now one of the few teams that have actually defended them properly.

I'm disappointed but I think we're still well in with a shot this year. We really missed Pritchard.

Tipster

Bench
Great win Warriors, haven't seen them defend that well in a long time.

Refs probably seething the Panthers didn't win

Tipster

Bench
Fair go the Warriors were deadset brilliant defensively today. I don't care how average we looked in attack they didn't give us a sniff. Calling the bombs arsey and lucky is rubbish. They're a legitimate tactic that when well executed is difficult to defend and the Warriors are now one of the few teams that have actually defended them properly.

I'm disappointed but I think we're still well in with a shot this year. We really missed Pritchard.

Completely agree however what is worrying for the Panthers was that there didn't seem to be a plan B when it came to the 5th tackle option.

TheFrog

Coach
Great win Warriors, haven't seen them defend that well in a long time.

Refs probably seething the Panthers didn't win

Maybe you should be thankful Hayne didn't start binning people for repeated infringements. The Warriors certainly did plenty of flopping and slowing down the play the ball, and for the most part got away with it. I'd be very surprised if this was not in the game plan.

You deserved your win, but please save the whinging for when you get beaten, huh?