What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R18 | Sun | Panthers 6-12 Warriors | CUA

Result: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rovelli

Bench
Gutsy win - one of the Warriors' best wins for some time.

I'll talk about the refereeing later..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just three things

(1) Absolutely heroic by the Warriors

(2) Penrith are total pretenders (I did say this last time when they "thrashed the Warriors" i.e. scored 4 tries from bombs)

(3) Shayne Hayne, go and get f*cked you absolute disgrace. The most blatantly one-sided refereeing performance in years. Not only were Penrith getting the benefit of a string of wrong calls and penalties, they were also playing with an entirely different 10 metres for the entire game. Just terrible and hard to see how that can't be deliberate.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know it's a bit wasteful in these recessionary times, but I'd love Cleary to cop the fine and go nuts in the press conference. The Warriors have been butt-f*cked by Aussie refs for 15 years and we need every advantage we can get on that front.

mxlegend99

Referee
Great game by the Warriors and a very average one by the Panthers. In our last home game we managed to go 65 minutes without making an error and today we would have been lucky to have gone 65 seconds. Very dissapointed that we can so quickly forget how to do the simplest of things. With a penalty count like that in our favor we should have won that game comfortably.

maple_69

Bench
Congrats Warriors, thoroughly deserved win.

Penrith still have a lot of work to do this year. One off game after our last month is not surprising though.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I know it's a bit wasteful in these recessionary times, but I'd love Cleary to cop the fine and go nuts in the press conference. The Warriors have been butt-f*cked by Aussie refs for 15 years and we need every advantage we can get on that front.

he's got to. i've never called a refereeing effort crooked in my life, but that was almost as close as you can get without him throwing on a panthers jersey.

One Warrior

Bench
One of the Warrior's best wins in Australia, courageous last 10 minutes defending our line. Shane Hayne you are a f**nin disgrace, what a one-sided refing performance, you deserve to be sacked for that.

Rovelli

Bench
I think today was more about the Warriors' will to win rather than the ineptitude of the Panthers to make use of a one-man advantage for 80 minutes.

On any other day, Penrith would've found a way to win.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think today was more about the Warriors' will to win rather than the ineptitude of the Panthers to make use of a one-man advantage for 80 minutes.

On any other day, Penrith would've found a way to win.
I wouldn't be so sure. We've had a few games where we've had plenty of opportunities to win and we've either had very predictable attack or errors at the worst possible time to take off the pressure.

I'm hoping todays effort was just because our players were exhausted after an extremely physical game against the competition leaders last Monday night, and having 4 players backing up from Origin 3.

Or maybe it's just because we're incapable of stringing together 5 wins in a row. We haven't managed that since 2005 I think it was. Although i'm happy with 4 wins in a row, a loss and another 4 wins in a row. Certainly beats our usual form.

bigfoot

Juniors
Congrats Warriors fans, thoroughly deserved win. Defence was too good.

I'm a Panther fan but from what I heard on the radio I can agree that the rub of the green went Penrith's way today.

Weird how Penrith are the most penalised team in the competition, then all of a sudden we only concede 3 and get 11 in our favour? :lol:

I thought this loss might happen, partly due to a really tough game against St. George on Monday as well as 4 players backing up from Origin, but also because the Warriors have been playing very well lately.

Hopefully we can put in a better performance against the Eels next week.

shear_joy9

Coach
one of the most pathetic, biased refereeing performances you'll ever see.

top effort from the warriors.

kay

Juniors
Watching on nine, without the 2nd ref, Im afraid to think how much more one sided it could have been. Two times hayne would have given ball to panthers, if it werent for the 2nd ref seeing panthers strips and knock ons. Refs aside, unbelievable win by nz.

skeepe

Immortal
If Shayne Hayne is in first grade next week it will be a disgrace. What a shambolic, disgustingly biased performance.

Yet another example of how Robert Finch is destroying this great game of ours. Robert Finch is a complete incompetent and must resign or be sacked immediately.

Dragon

Coach
refs did their absolute best to get the Panthers over the line, disgraceful. It was just so blatantly obvious...

Warriors take a bow

thommo4pm

Coach
I said last week in these forums that Penrith reminded me of us last year.

Penrith's win over us last week I likened to us beating Melbourne last year.

The season slowly started to decline from there.
I can see Penrith's going the same way.
They'll play a lot of footy without a break by the time the finals come around.
Teams will begin to defend their kicks, as the Warriors did today.

60 odd tackles in the opposition 20, and could only score 1 dubious try.

The Warriors, absolutely magnificent today.
Take a bow, that was all guts.
How some of the Penrith players were complaining at times is beyond me....they had just about every call go their way.

I'm very happy for the Warriors to be cemented in the top 8, they are a good side who have had a horrible run with injury this year.

Penrith will face some more trouble over the coming weeks, starting with Parra next week.