What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Knights 14-20 Storm | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bracko

Juniors
dont worry kia! its just everyone trying to destroy us because they know that if they dont lie about illegal tactics we will win the grand final. it happens every year, i dident hear none of it when we werent making the finals, the grand finals as well, so people need to grow up and get past it.
Who do you support ?

Lowdown

Juniors
I'm not sure you can get suspended for not making contact. Blair actually misses him when they lad on the ground. I think Cross just got a little scared on the way down.

Its a tough game...play on.

stormbati

Bench
If you look at Cross, the first contact hurts him, he looks gone already, the elbow/forearm slides off on the way down.
My personal opinion, I think he did it on purpose, You can see the force Blair puts into it. As much as I love him he needed this wake up call.

Jono078

Referee
I think in some ways it's similar to what Beau Ryan did in round 1.

I reckon he'll get 1-2 weeks.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The commentators didnt miss it Manu, they spoke about it for a minute,they gave him the benefit of the doubt is all.

Though he probably wasnt trying to miss him.

Noa, I'm pretty sure you're a sensible guy and you know exactly what I mean.

There was no doubt about what happened there, the most surprising thing for me is that as grubby as Blair is, he didn't make any real effort to hide it. It all happened in slow motion.

I felt it was deliberate, and I hate saying that as I am a huge fan of Blair... but that was not good to see.
He looked down at him to make sure he locked his elbow/forearm on his head IMO before being taken to ground

MC DUI

Juniors
Even though I'm a Knights fan watching the Blair elbow I thought there was intent in what he did. As stated you see him look at Cross and line him up.

At the time I thought he might even be sent off for it, the ref gets a tip that a player has dropped an elbow into a players head, normally that's straight off.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You're all forgetting one very important point here. The Storm are protected ...

Butters

Bench
You're all forgetting one very important point here. The Storm are protected ...

Don't remember much of 07 & 08 do you? I doubt a protected club would have to put up with 2 years of constant criticism from the media, resulting in the NRL pulling new rules out of their arses.

Joker's Wild

Coach
They wouldn't have needed to create new rules to protect other players if the purple merkins didnt turn the game into a WWF match.

They brought the criticism and scrutiny on themselves

perverse

Referee
well, disappointed after the match, but in retrospect it was only a couple of question mark decisions from the refs, our halves and melbournes fantastic goal-line defence that cost us the match. we had the storm dominated for long periods, but couldn't land the killer blow... with 2 tries disallowed in the process.

as for butters - i don't know what you're talking about, mate... our forwards went well aside from simpsons rare case of the dropsies, it was our lack of organisation in melbournes red zone that cost us dearly. clearly you judge a game of football on the scoreboard, and not on the events on the fields.

the storm got out of jail at energy australia stadium on saturday night, make no mistake about it. the truly great teams do that. full credit to coach bellamy for having such a tightly configured machine.

as for the knights - i'm still nothing but excited about the prospect of this year. we've got our best player and our biggest strike centre to come back from injury and we're still looking really good on the field for the most part. we lacked the attacking options to get us over the line against the storm... but that sort of play and possession against most teams will win you a footy match. we are desperately lacking a good halfback and should probably think about using houston/wicks money to send an SOS out to whoever is out there that can still lace on a boot and kick a ball.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Dont know about jail, that would imply we looked gone for most of the game.

Maybe we got out of community service.

perverse

Referee
Dont know about jail, that would imply we looked gone for most of the game.

Maybe we got out of community service.
hahaha, yeah, sounds good.

my point in general is that we came up with some good, dominating play at times - as i expected us to - and got really good field position... but a combination of melbournes defence being out of this world at times, and a lack of direction/play from our halves saw us lacking the final try that we needed.

melbourne still have the refs fooled around the ruck, too. it's not a topic i like to bring up, and full credit to them for perfecting it... but they are genuinely allowed to get extra time on top of the opposition players week after week. the knights got pinged for all sorts of things, but melbourne continue to fly under the radar with it.

Last edited:
hahaha, yeah, sounds good.

my point in general is that we came up with some good, dominating play at times - as i expected us to - and got really good field position... but a combination of melbournes defence being out of this world at times, and a lack of direction/play from our halves saw us lacking the final try that we needed.

melbourne still have the refs fooled around the ruck, too. it's not a topic i like to bring up, and full credit to them for perfecting it... but they are genuinely allowed to get extra time on top of the opposition players week after week. the knights got pinged for all sorts of things, but melbourne continue to fly under the radar with it.

The Storm control the ruck by laying on the player for as long as possible until the ref tells them to get off..you can see them watching the ref to get his call.

Simple but clever tactic...