What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R5 | Mon | Eels 14-24 Raiders | Parramatta

Result: Eels v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Eels did themselves no favours in that second half, one very fortunate try aside they were very average.

Credit to the Raiders though, they showed some real character tonight.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Dugan for NSW...I'm on the bandwagon.

Hayne can't play fullback for NSW, his defensive positioning is absolutely abysmal.

scottyeel

Bench
lol bro maybe theyd be winning if fans like you didnt just turn up when the semis were on
Yeah f**kwit, my wife and I have been season ticket holders for the last 12 years. Bit hard to drive 2 hours each way after work on a Monday night.:roll:

Bazal

Post Whore
Parramatta have one effective ball player in attack. That's their problem.

Not at all...the problem is that the players seem to believe that. Kris Keating created twice as much as Hayne did tonight, but most of the players didn't even seem to notice it because they were waiting on Hayne...

scottyeel

Bench
Campese all class in the press conference sayong that Reddy elbowing was an accident. f**king open up on him Campo he deserves it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not at all...the problem is that the players seem to believe that. Kris Keating created twice as much as Hayne did tonight, but most of the players didn't even seem to notice it because they were waiting on Hayne...

Keating is not a ball player based on what I've seen, more of a running five-eighth, just like Mortimer.

Parramatta don't have a quality halfback or hooker.

Bazal

Post Whore
Keating is not a ball player based on what I've seen, more of a running five-eighth, just like Mortimer.

Parramatta don't have a quality halfback or hooker.

Can't disagree too much with that, we have too many sixes and no genuine halfbacks, not even in NYC or Wenty. Which is why the decision by Hagan to let Hodkinson and Maloney go was so utterly horrible.

skeepe

Immortal
How much of a sore loser is Daniel Anderson?

"They scored opportunistic tries, there was no build-up of pressure or good work by them, they just scored opportunistically. ... They got 4 opportunist tries."

And the Ben Smith try wasn't opportunistic?

What a load of crap. What a f**king wanker.

And that whinging about a forward pass call where the ball was passed behind the 10 metre line and Reddy caught it 4 metres in front of the line, what a load of crap. Seriously.

Very happy with the win, Dugan was absolutely sensational as usual, Fensom was great, but my man of the match was Jarrod Croker. Absolutely brilliant in defence. Nice step to leave Grothe flummoxed and just a shame he got forced out twice.

Parramatta are in one hell of a hole. They only scored points tonight because of bad refereeing decisions, and were pretty comprehensively beaten by a team that, before tonight, had lost 31 of 39 away games. Reddy, Hindmarsh and Smith were absolute thugs all night, and Mateo was a passenger. They've got a lot of work to do.

Jono1987

Juniors
Congrats to the Raiders thoroughly deserved the win. I thought it was on the back of their forwards making good inroads and then utilising their young, but classy outside backs. Eels were definitely better than previous weeks, but are struggling to cross the line.

Just on Daniel Anderson, he did come across as a whinger, in that he didn't credit Canberra in any way other than, "they took advantage of their opportunites", which I thought was lame. I can understand his frustration but being a sore loser won't impress anybody.

Timbo

Staff member
How much of a sore loser is Daniel Anderson?

"They scored opportunistic tries, there was no build-up of pressure or good work by them, they just scored opportunistically. ... They got 4 opportunist tries."

And the Ben Smith try wasn't opportunistic?

What a load of crap. What a f**king wanker.

And that whinging about a forward pass call where the ball was passed behind the 10 metre line and Reddy caught it 4 metres in front of the line, what a load of crap. Seriously.

Very happy with the win, Dugan was absolutely sensational as usual, Fensom was great, but my man of the match was Jarrod Croker. Absolutely brilliant in defence. Nice step to leave Grothe flummoxed and just a shame he got forced out twice.

Parramatta are in one hell of a hole. They only scored points tonight because of bad refereeing decisions, and were pretty comprehensively beaten by a team that, before tonight, had lost 31 of 39 away games. Reddy, Hindmarsh and Smith were absolute thugs all night, and Mateo was a passenger. They've got a lot of work to do.

Yeah, I really felt like handing Anderson a tissue after that press conference. I was watching it with a mate who's a mad Parra fan too, he couldn't even believe the bullsh*t Anderson was spouting.

Joel Thompson's try wasn't opportunistic - he just beat shoddy defence in the line and by the fullback. Fensom's wasn't - it was pure strength. And Vidot's was just skill.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
Opportunistic tries ?

cue Haynes highlights reel from the back half of '09

take those away and you have a poorly coached team lacking in skill and direction .

its deja vu for anderson in the NRL ...

when the warriors made the grand final in 02 it was on the back of ad-lib footy .

he was sacked less than 18 months later when the hail mary passes stopped sticking .... and his team won 2 of their first 10 games in 04.

typicalfan

Coach
Yes if anything it was the Parra tries that were opportunistic as they failed to build pressure.

The best try they scored was the Burt try of a Feleti run, he looked dangerous but should be an 80 minute player.

The Raiders tries were sensational, if not for inexperience being shown twice by Croker to run over the sideline first tackle it could have been another couple of tries to the Raiders.

The Raiders though have to back it up regardless of the short turn around v Roosters otherwise it will be seen as a flash in the pan job.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol...Ando said that Canberra took advantage of their opportunities, which they did well where we f**ked everything up....Canberra fans manage to twist that into a shot at their side. Biggest inferiority complex in the world...

Lol...Ando said that Canberra took advantage of their opportunities, which they did well where we f**ked everything up....Canberra fans manage to twist that into a shot at their side. Biggest inferiority complex in the world...

Are you still carrying on?