What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Just an interesting bit of trivia. Maybe they should both be worried. Hunt's chances of playing in the 7 might have taken another hit.
Well it is interesting! Not sure what he’ll do there. Hunt’s best position seems to polarise people outside of this forum. They both may have had a good relationship but Broncos didn’t have the cattle that year, can’t remember. The advantage for us is that at least it will eliminate the ‘getting to know you period’ and he can hit the ground running .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Griff's worst season was 2013 st Broncos. Finished 12th. Hunt and Norman both in his team.
Well they certainly havnt improved in 7 years.....my view piss Norman off and put Hunt back where he belongs at half back with a rocket up his ginger and let him earn his 1.2 mill...and if that doesnt work piss him off to.....at least McInnes may last a bit longer in his hooking role....the way hes being used now he will be lucky to last another season

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Taken some time to absorb this and I must say well done (finally) to the leaders of our club.
We have now seen the appointment of argueably our 2 most important positions in club have gone to outsiders ie Webb and now Griffin.

The 2yr deal, plus option in the clubs favour for a 3rd, is a well thought out contractual arrangement ie: perform or perish.

Griffin will bring some hard nosed approach to which some of our players who are used to being 'favoured' will have to change their ways.

Griffin will also have a huge say in the team and recruitement ie: Millwards fancy title may have to be reviewed and will now have to work harder to attract the better players, rather than the journeymen we are used to.

I'm not expecting much in 2021, improvement yes, making the 8 probably. There's a lot of deadwood and lingering non-performers whose contracts are still active during this time. Hook will have to work very hard to het them out asap, and it's not as easy as offering them up, someone actually needd to want them highlu unlikely.

At the very least we will see some opportunities open up for our juniors, so I would be looking for their interjection into 1st grade in 2021.

2022 is shaping to be a very interesting year for our club imo.

I will be counting down the days to the start of next season, it has been since 2011 that I have been eagerly looking forward to an NRL season, when does Hook start with the club?

I do not like to admit it, but I was listening to Hadley this morning, because he was going to talk with AG.

Anyway, in that interview, Griff said he officially starts November.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I am perplexed as to the media input into this selection by the dragons

On one hand you have journos giving it to him royally and on the other you have journos saying he is what is required.

I don’t know if any appointment has had such scrutiny. Me thinks it has a lot to do with Vladimir Gus Gould Putin where if he doesn’t like you you become poisoned out or suffer some sort of pain to force you out all the while he comments like he is happy with the world.

Like who digs into someone’s twitter account to dig up dirt and basically say that Griffen has no time for indigenous players.

Welk may be someone should put it to Wiedler how One of His channel 9 cohorts actually said to Timana Tahu in origin camp that he should smash that black C!!!!!! When referring to GI.

may he he was on pingas or Coked off his head but there was uproar at the time johns said This. Remember tahu walked out of the nsw side

LINESPEED

Juniors
Out of who was available, Griffin was the unanimous choice.

His contract will be a lot different to Mary's in favour of the club and results driven. Our first outside coach recruit since Bennett and both coached the Broncos so hopefully will bring about success.

I think that he will do well - much more so than what we have had.

Now we have to wait and see who will be in the playing squad for 2021. Something to look forward to.

Yes, Teamsheet Tuesday Rd 1 2021 will be an interesting read.

Its dogged junior-free replication over 7 years was, IMO, the principal reason both McFail & (despite the warnings) Clone sacrificed their jobs on the altar of mateship
Lol

PS
Max & the lads will have smiles in their faces today

Two beasts of mythology combining to take on the NRL...

The Griffin
and
The Dragons

Surely it’s a match made in heaven!

And a headline paradise for the next two years...

upload_2020-9-8_11-14-42.jpeg

images

So what headlines will we see....

LINESPEED

Juniors
I will be frothing when the charity shield rolls around next year.
No lafai. No Aitken. No Mary.
That's when it'll be exciting.

Exactly Crush.

The above 3 amigos, when the final calculus is done, were the root symbols, origin & cause of our failures
....on multiple levels.

Can’t wait for a new No3’s deft linking with Cody & Co

...& I do wonder what Saab & Friz are now thinking

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well they certainly havnt improved in 7 years.....my view piss Norman off and put Hunt back where he belongs at half back with a rocket up his ginger and let him earn his 1.2 mill...and if that doesnt work piss him off to.....at least McInnes may last a bit longer in his hooking role....the way hes being used now he will be lucky to last another season
That's right McGuiness has a high heart put him back to Hooker he will tighten defence around the ruck and save his body. Find a big human for lock to bust the line.

Latest posts