What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 1 | Fri | Tigers 21-12 Dragons | ANZ

FW1: WST v STI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Just bought 7x tickets and PAX is at 14,825. Never certain how reliable that number is though, but hopefully there will be a 40k+ crowd.

Deacon

First Grade
Hopefully this means something come Friday...

Dragons won last 6 at ANZ Stadium
Tigers lost last 4 at ANZ Stadium

MacDougall

First Grade
ceagle, did you watch Friday night? Dragons' defence v Panthers reminded me very much of 2010. They'll be there or abouts. Especially with how ordinary the Tigers' defence has been.

Until the Sharks game the Tigers hadn't conceded more than 12 points in friggin' ages.

Edit: Beaten and wrong, Panthers scored 18. Sorry y'all. I'll go back to my cave now.

Last edited:

Spank

Juniors
I doubt Utai will get a run which is our weakest link, id say Lote & Beau on the wings... long as Lawrence plays i think Tigers by 8

Jono1987

Juniors
Best match of the first round. Expecting another close game that is decided in the final 10 minutes. The key for mine is to not fall behind early against the Tigers and get the match into a grind. Tigers are underrated in their grinding ability but I'm confident we'll get up if the game develops as such.

Saints 19
Tigers 18

thommo4pm

Coach
PAX posted in the Dragons forum as of 8.30pm tonight was just over 18,000. Read into that what you will, not certain PAX numbers are a great guide.

Eddie.

Bench
These 2 teams are turning into the powerhouses of Sydney football. Whilst it is not in the sense of the word a local derby thesr clubs are building a brilliant rivalry that is ruling Sydney football right now. Huge supporter bases, huge tradition with 4 clubs involved in Balmain/Wests v Saints/Illawarra. Their clashes in 2005 and 2010 were epics. THis seasons regular season game was another belter.I think the contrast in styles is another great factor that adds to this contest.

I have no idea who will win this week. What I am certain of is that it will decidd by less then a try and decided in the last 10 minutes. I have also got a funny feeling that whatever happens these 2 could be going head to head in th first week of October. The game at the SFS earlier this season had that smell about it, that it was the first of 3.

Just a gut feel. However I reckon the loser survives the chop and the 2 meet again on the big day.

Last edited:

Latest posts