What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Mon | Bulldogs 24-14 Tigers | ANZ

R1: CBY v WST

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaba

First Grade
You are f**king geniused gaba.
why it was a sensible question

Because last year sheens when he was on the sideline after halftime the tigers record would be close to 100%

when he is in the box the tigers dont go so well

I take it sheens was in the box then after halftime

The 18th Man

Juniors
Most impressed by Canterbury, well done to Coach Moore and co for getting their season off to a superb start. I was yet again impressed by their prop Tolman - he will be an Origin prop in the not too distant future. Tireless worker, no fear and all heart. Ben Barba looks at home at fullback despite one hiccup that nearly saw a Tigers try (albeit it was knocked it of his hands, he had poor ball security in that situation). Barba's support play stood out, he didn't get many chances though he will. Looked good returning the ball.

For all his magic, Benji hampered his side in the first effort with a poor kicking game and some so-so passes. Scored a great try though. The Tigers in all honesty with the posession they had off some cheap turnover should have gone on to win this. They were thwarted by some excellent defense though again - poor options in attack hampered their efforts. They will still be chasing a top four team when they start to click.

Hutty1986

Immortal
why it was a sensible question

Because last year sheens when he was on the sideline after halftime the tigers record would be close to 100%

when he is in the box the tigers dont go so well

I take it sheens was in the box then after halftime

Sheens has no game plans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Educated? If he's hardly played fullback in first grade what are you basing your opinion on? Performances in U/20s and state cup? :lol: Took him 18 months to adjust to a bench role in first grade didn't it. Let's see how long he takes adjusting to one of the more crucial positions.
How has he gone at the back in first grade then?
Being a good ball runner and good kick returner are two completely different things

Tim moltzen for example is a brilliant runner in general and broken play, however his kick returns are completely sh*thouse. My feeling is that barba will be in the same category. At fullback you can't dance around when bringing it back, you have to go straight and hard slater, hunt, Boyd style
Will be interesting to see how Barba goes the back. Tigers aren't well known for their high kicking game so wonder whether they'll test him out? Plus with Turner and Goodwin a good kick-chase should see a lack of easy metres early in the set as none of the back three are especially adept at picking up big yards off kick returns / first tackle runs.

Am sure the dogs halves will kick to Utai almost exclusively, both in general play and on attack.

Tigers seem to have the better overall team so am expecting a win.
That's great, but he never exactly returned it to a defensive line with blokes the size of Ellis, Dwyer, Galloway, fifita etc looking to smash him into next week.

Just because I'm annoying, I'd like to point out, gentlemen, that the leading kick return metres for Round 1 was Ben Barba with 98.

Thanks for playing :)

Latest posts