What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R18 | Fri | Eels 22-6 Tigers | Parramatta #nrlparwst

R18: PAR v WST

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

innsaneink

Referee
Marshal ran it on the last, tried to step and slipped, andlaunched the ball backwards 30 metres over the sideline.

And that's not a good description really, you simply have to see it.

Like a dyslexic cerebral palsy sufferer on speed having and epileptic fit whilst break dancing

PC Disclaimer: No offence to any of the above described persons alive and/or dead.

What a pitiful performance. They basically invented ways to bomb tries. I think the only reason Lui scored his one was because we ran out of ideas on how we could bomb another try. That was absolutely pathetic, one of the worst games I've ever watched the Tigers play, and I watched the 2 years with Terry Lamb at the helm

Vic Mackey

Referee
What a pitiful performance. They basically invented ways to bomb tries. I think the only reason Lui scored his one was because we ran out of ideas on how we could bomb another try. That was absolutely pathetic, one of the worst games I've ever watched the Tigers play, and I watched the 2 years with Terry Lamb at the helm

lol when he made the break i said 'now how will he f*ck this up'

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We have lost to every shit side in the comp bar Canberra.

I honestly hope we get the spoon, might change something.

Actually wait, it would not change anything as we could get six spoons in a row and Sheens would still find a way to get a fat new contract for another 10 years and no spineless spastic in the media would dare question the great man.

As for anyone questioning why we are letting players go, tonight is your answer. Because nearly all of them are weak as cat piss. They can all f**k off for all I care, apart from Ellis and Lawrence.

Gaba

First Grade
Thing what surprised me it wasnt that sheens was on the sideline from the kick off , it was the way he looked so disinterested .

There was no yelling the game plan to marshall or anything he just sat here

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
I only saw limited footage, from the 55 minute onward... I will say im pretty solid on my hatred for forward passes, and im happy to say Tongue loves them too... Cam Smith is my biggest gripe, it happens all the time, and its very rarely called up... absurd

Smith throws 5-6 a game. I hate it. The refs need to crack down on it, but the hayne one was obvious.

I agree with ya on the pass. It was horrendous - 5m forward is generous to the pass - could've gone 7-8 easily.
Mind you, Joey Johns got away with those passes all the time.

And on the dummy half forward pass thing - I also cannot stand it. No wonder some teams get on a good roll around the centre of the ruck - Cam Smith takes a few steps out of dummy half, the defence watches him and the forward who is coming up, the forward goes past smith, so the defenders stop accounting for him, boom, Smith passes him the ball.

Hate it.

Tongue and Matt Ballin massive offenders too!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nothing to do with Hayne... if i want to laugh at hayne i could laugh at him for his multiple mistackles, and hideous kicking game...

I only saw limited footage, from the 55 minute onward....

Um?

If you'd seen the whole game you'd say the opposite about Hayne's kicking game. It was excellent - the rushing up out of the line and missing tackles thing wasn't great. But it didn't cost us thanks to the Tiges dropping the ball for no reason (again and again)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Thing what surprised me it wasnt that sheens was on the sideline from the kick off , it was the way he looked so disinterested .

Sheens is a myth.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
As bad as the Tigers were last night, I promise you it couldn't have been harder for Tigers fans to watch than the game was for Warriors fans the other week. I'm still having nightmares about that one.

boxhead

First Grade
Nothing to do with Hayne... if i want to laugh at hayne i could laugh at him for his multiple mistackles, and hideous kicking game... the issue is a bloke threw it well before a line marking and the player caught it right on the line marking... thats forward, the rules are ridiculous, thats forward

As for why i comment on eels games is because i dont have Foxtel (f**king body corp in my unit) so FNF is something i try to watch... i watched part of the game and im commenting on what i saw... welcome to a public forum douchebag

Joke? His kicking game was superb, especially considering that was his first taste of playing in a position where he has to do all the kicking and last-play options, rather than when he chooses to. We never see his short kicking game, but we did tonight and it was very good.
If he stays there, he will keep improving and could very well end up being the NSW five-eighth in a year or two; he has the skills, no question about that.

But of course, that depends on whether or not Kearney actually keeps him there next season; with Roberts coming to the side, there is a good chance Hayne will play fullback for most of next year.

And as for the missed tackles.....he played centre defensively for 154 minutes in three days. People saying his defence at five-eighth was poor need to watch the game; he was defending one in from the winger, Justin Horo was defending at five-eighth. His defence at centre on Wednesday was very good against much higher quality opposition, so my reasoning is that his poor defence mostly came from fatigue.

Last edited:

Agree. I was sitting the bay behind him and have been for 10 years - usually Sheens gets up throughout the game, and is fairly animated, so much so that people tell him to sit down. Last night he sat the whole game and looked like the didn't want to be there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
People saying his defence at five-eighth was poor need to watch the game; he was defending one in from the winger, Justin Horo was defending at five-eighth.

I just had a look and you're right. Well spotted. I didn't even notice last night.

His defence at centre on Wednesday was very good against much higher quality opposition, so my reasoning is that his poor defence mostly came from fatigue.

He was f**ked after 20 minutes.

With Lui's try, he ran through a huge gap where Hayne should have been defending. Instead he was dragging his arse back into position about 5 metres behind the play.

It's no coincidence that Lui made 2 linebreaks (and one LBA) - he attacks on the Tigers right side (our left).