What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R20 | Sun | Panthers 8-12 Sea Eagles | Centrebet

R20: PEN v MAN

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caged Panther

First Grade
While probably perfectly within the rules I thought the time wasting by manly at the back end of the game was pretty disgraceful.

eagles4eva

First Grade
While probably perfectly within the rules I thought the time wasting by manly at the back end of the game was pretty disgraceful.

That didn't cost the panthers the game, amount of errors they made on 2nd and 3rd tackle cost them...

They should have got over the line with the penalty count and possession they had

franklin2323

Immortal
Why was DCE try disallowed, the video refs have rerally got it in for manly at the moment.
Without watching the c9 coverage. About the 6th replay at the ground showed the ball being dislodged but flicking Simmon's hand on the way down. I am guessing like the juggle that hits the defence. It too is classed as a knockon. The Lyon try was dusty also.

But yet another loss without Lewis. He doesn't play we lose. However our Defence was great though

Daddycool

Juniors
Not a particularly attractive game as the defensive abilities of both teams made for a real grind. Penrith were without Gordon & Lewis but showed enough to suggest when Lewis is fit and if they can make the 8, they'll be tough opposition.

However... not withstanding the lopsided penalty count it was a good solid win by Manly. Beating the Panthers at home is never easy...so another 2 points in the bank and no injuries, we'll take that.

Caged Panther

First Grade
That didn't cost the panthers the game, amount of errors they made on 2nd and 3rd tackle cost them...

They should have got over the line with the penalty count and possession they had

Never claimed it cost penrith the game, and yes it does happen every game, doesn't make it right.

For what it's worth while dissapointed we lost I was happy with our performance. I genuinely went to the game today expecting many really to rout us. Just a shame Burns missed that goal earlier in the game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not a particularly attractive game as the defensive abilities of both teams made for a real grind. Penrith were without Gordon & Lewis but showed enough to suggest when Lewis is fit and if they can make the 8, they'll be tough opposition.

However... not withstanding the lopsided penalty count it was a good solid win by Manly. Beating the Panthers at home is never easy...so another 2 points in the bank and no injuries, we'll take that.
Tell that to the Knights and Sharks. :(

Although since Gould took over that's the first loss we've had at home, and honestly I thought Manly would put a pretty big score on us without Lewis. So a 4 point loss isn't bad.

But to have that much possession and come up short is disappointing. We really need to get Jennings more space... he tries hard and is dangerous with the small room he gets, but he's at his most dangerous when he has room to use his pace and footwork.

abpanther

Staff member
Panthers forwards are doing the job every week, this week 5 guy with over 100m.

Just don't have the halves or structure to score points ATM

Lambretta

First Grade
This was a tight game where two teams who had many things in their favour went toe to toe to slug it out. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though the quality was not as high as it should have been.

What is with that penalty count? Of the 10 penalties conceded by Manly, three were plain errors by Penrith that the referees incorrectly awarded as underhanded play by Manly. Yes I know in real time it's hard to get it right every time and we have the benefit of replay, but two of those errors were blatantly obvious dropped balls. How Penrith got penalties was beyond me.

Then there was the video ref decision against Cherry-Evans. How was that a knock on? Oh dont try and explain it please - it was just bollocks to stop the scoreline blowing out and Manly running away with it pure and simple. I seriously thought I was watching the Roosters today by the way the referees were trying to destroy Manly.

The major difference though is that the Roosters let that shit get to them and compound it with three errors of their own whilst the Sea Eagles made the right choices after every decision that went against them and got the ball back. Yes they were assisted by Penrith in that department, but you get the feeling that Manly would have got the ball back against any team except St George or Melbourne. Congratulations to Manly on not letting it get to them.