What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sun | Warriors 20-26 Sea Eagles | Eden Park

Round 1 result: Warriors v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spanner in the works

First Grade
BOTD exists to make a decision where we can't conclusively make one based on the video.

If the video doesn't exist, in most situations like this I would say the try would be given (although it depends on the situation).

However lets look at this example - the touchie didnt put his flag up. We couldn't tell if his foot nicked a blade of white grass. If we disallow the try it would be against the spirit of the game. You can't disallow a try because there might have been something wrong but you can't tell. That would be ridiculous.

This is my point. If we can't conclusively make one, why should one team benefit on the all-important scoreboard?

undertaker

Coach
wow, the Sea Eagles are really running riot over the Warriors. 14-0, kick to come. All those Warriors fans boasting about McClennan's 2005 tri-series heroics...he could be in for a long year at NRL level. Despite all the drama that's happened over the last few months, Sea Eagles still look like a top 4 side

BunniesMan

Immortal
I reckon Manly could put 40 on them here. The Warriors are playing like every other round 1 team. Manly looks like they've had a great preseason and are starting in 5th gear.

Cletus

First Grade
Judas Hasler? You do realise he got your club out of the dumps when you guys were in dire straits? Not to mention delivering you 2 premierships in the last 4 yrs?

Thanks for the memories traitor:)

Warriors a little unlucky with the knock on call but they look like they're in for a hiding here.

Von

Juniors
Should have been 10-6, not 16-0, if Manu caught that ball. Such a mistake is inexcusable in first grade.