What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R2 | Mon | Eels 20-36 Warriors | Parramatta

Round 2 result: Eels v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
no real difference from the apparent certainty the eels would have won if hayne hadn't got injured. it's not like they've won a lot with him in the side anyway.

natheel

Coach
if Hayne was this or hayne was that. No excuse. we can't blame the loss of hayne as to why we didn't win.

I thought the game was closer than the scoreline suggests. Both teams played well in areas.

On the Warriors - Maloney stepped up when needed. Where was Johnson?

On the Eels - Sandow showed what he can do given the opportunity and i thought Ben Roberts played well too. Good to see Willie Tonga back in the Blue and Gold and Sio and Blair both stood up when needed. Hard game against cowboys in round 3. We usually have good battles with them and are usually decided in close matches.I hope the boys can keep their heads up.

Sio should be fullback if hayne is definatley out and bring burt back on the wing with Ryan Morgan to replace Esi who looks in doubt with a Hammy injury.

natheel

Coach
if Hayne was this or hayne was that. No excuse. we can't blame the loss of hayne as to why we didn't win.

I thought the game was closer than the scoreline suggests. Both teams played well in areas.

On the Eels - Sandow showed what he can do given the opportunity and i thought Ben Roberts played well too. Good to see Willie Tonga back in the Blue and Gold and Sio and Blair both stood up when needed. Hard game against cowboys in round 3. We usually have good battles with them and are usually decided in close matches.I hope the boys can keep their heads up.

Sio should be fullback if hayne is definatley out and bring burt back on the wing with Ryan Morgan to replace Esi who looks in doubt with a Hammy injury.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Johnson had a quiet game compared to last week, but he can't do the flashy stuff all the time. It is only his second year in first grade.

Thought he controlled the game well with his kicking game and good service without doing anything flash. He did force a dropout which led to the Warriors try in the 62nd minute, and was only a metre or two away from a 40/20 in the first half.

He didn't overplay his hand, and games like this are just as important to his development as the games where he does a few brilliant things but also makes a few mistakes.

age.s

First Grade
I can understand why people think that Hayne going off changed the complexion of the game, but seasoned observers of the Warriors will realize that they sometimes start games like that, they'd hardly touched the ball at that stage, and they were always going to pose Parra problems once they got some ball.

It isn't about how the Warriors were going, it's about the fact Hayne is their best player and he went off after 15 minutes. They wouldn't have done much work with Sio at fb, and in attack he wasn't able to offer another option like Hayne does. Sandow became easier to handle and Roberts became invisible. They may not have won but they would have been a good deal closer. Can't believe anyone would argue that.

Grapple

Bench
Good to see Maloney take control. He played a good overall game. Parra just looked like they missed Hindy's leadership, more than anything else.

Iafeta

Referee
It isn't about how the Warriors were going, it's about the fact Hayne is their best player and he went off after 15 minutes. They wouldn't have done much work with Sio at fb, and in attack he wasn't able to offer another option like Hayne does. Sandow became easier to handle and Roberts became invisible. They may not have won but they would have been a good deal closer. Can't believe anyone would argue that.

Woulda coulda shoulda. Who the heck cares about this sort of stuff? Its the constant drivel of the cellar dwellars like the Eels to rely on such a small handful of players in amongst a bunch of rookies and nuffies rather than get on with the job. What I like about my club is two rep props in Jacob Lillyman and Sam Rapira goes down, our best defender in Michael Luck goes down, our main centre in Jerome Ropati has barely played football in 2 years... the best clubs just get on with the job. So we bring in guys like Sione Lousi and Konrad Hurrell and get the job done anyhow. And if we lose, we lose to a better team and learn for next week. To proclaim a dude was going to go 80 metres when his opposing fullback was covering him, and the five eighth was coming across, at the very least they would have forced him wider to bring other defenders into play is absurd. As it was, I thought the young fellow Sio did a good job at the back.

Latest posts