What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R4 | Sun | Bulldogs 6-20 Knights | ANZ

Round 4 result: Bulldogs v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And Wayne Bennett will hold a 25% winning record as coach of Newcastle after this match :sarcasm:

Timmah

Staff member
On a serious note I'm impressed that Frank Pritchard has played two NRL games this season and been dominant in both. Usually after 1 game he goes missing (suspension not included :p), so it was refreshing to see him at his best again on Sunday.

Let's hope he makes it three on the trot.

Whats happening with Uate? Last week when I checked the score the commentators were saying he had to get needles in his leg or something like that...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Knights wille eventually snap out of their funk. It's just picking which game they will do it. Sometimes it just sort of happens and you lay 40 on somone out of the blue.

Can't see it happening this week though

Rod

Bench
Whats happening with Uate? Last week when I checked the score the commentators were saying he had to get needles in his leg or something like that...

He took a knock in the first half and was a bit of a passenger until half-time. The commentators decided he'd most likely got a needle at halftime because he was running freely in the second half.

Haven't heard anything more about it so with the 9 day gap between then and Sunday I guess he's all good.

What's Kasiano's consistency like?

He played well against the Dragons and was beastly against the Warriors.

Is he likely to have an off game or tear it up again?

dogslife

Coach
He was up and down last year. I don't want to get ahead of myself but Des really seems to be getting the most out of our forwards this year. Halatau has been one of our best every game, Frank has actually strung two good games together which was unheard of, and Tolman and Graham have been massive for us

Timmah

Staff member
He was up and down last year. I don't want to get ahead of myself but Des really seems to be getting the most out of our forwards this year. Halatau has been one of our best every game, Frank has actually strung two good games together which was unheard of, and Tolman and Graham have been massive for us
To be fair, Pritchard did go missing for a week :sarcasm:

Packy

Bench
Looking at the team lists there isn't much between them.. Knights probably have a more impressive line up to be fair. I woudl imagine that adjusting to Bennett's plans are more likely the issue than talent.

Knights could click at any time.

Des has done something with our team from last year. NFI what it is but he has us running with options in attack and our cover defence is much better.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Getting huge improvements out of Morris and Reynolds will have something to do with their improved attack.

Having several blokes in your pack that can hit the 40-50 tackle mark pretty often helps with the defence as well as the tackling machine tend to miss less (Tolman, Graham, Stagg, Halatua and even Ennis)

This was on Dean Ritchie's twitter:

2h Dean Ritchie ‏ @BulldogRitchie Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Kurt Gidley to return for today's game against Canterbury. Akuila Uate though in doubt.