What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R7 | Sat | Roosters 12-50 Cowboys | TIO Stadium, Darwin

Round 7 result: Roosters v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Has the clock ever lost an NRL match?
Twice.

In consecutive weeks in Canterburys first season in 1935 they lost 91-6 to St George and then 87-7 to Easts.

Both teams scored 19 tries. In those days it was 3 point tries. In modern scoring it would have been 110-6 and 106-8.
Roosters' for and against is now -62.

Just pathetic for a team that's won 4 from 7.
Which just says a lot about how lucky they were to be 4-2 before today.

Lambretta

First Grade
Rooster logic - home game decisions

play a team from the tropical North in Darwin
play the Knights in Gosford
play the Warriors in Wellington

I'm sure there are some other dumb f**k "home" venue choices we can make.

Manly at North Sydney Oval?
Brisbane on the Gold Coast?
Storm in Hobart?

Come on Roosters - start coming up with more dumb f**k ways to give the opponents more opportunities. Well, more than constantly dropping the f**king ball and losing every penalty count for four years. Twats.

redvwhite

Juniors

Storm in Hobart?

Come on Roosters - start coming up with more dumb f**k ways to give the opponents more opportunities. Well, more than constantly dropping the f**king ball and losing every penalty count for four years. Twats.

Didgi

Can't see anything but a Roosters 13+ win here. Thurston will be shut down by Anasta, Pearce will dominate Thompson. Our forward pack will thrive in the conditions while the Cowboys will tire after 10 mins on the field. Their only threat will be Bowen, but he needs to play a roving lock forward role to be effective.

Cool.

BranVan3000

Coach

Storm in Hobart?

Yeah, that must be why you got hammered. Nevermind the fact your team sucks ass

Lambretta

First Grade
Yeah, that must be why you got hammered. Nevermind the fact your team sucks ass

I suppose you missed the part where I mentioned dropping the ball all the time and giving away too many penalties? They are at the heart of why the Roosters have off days and we haven't rectified it in four bloody years. Even in 2010 when we were going well we gave up far too much field position.

BunniesMan is quick to tell everyone that the Roosters are wooden spoon material each time we have a bad game, but with a team as young and inexperienced as the one we've got we're going to have quite a few bad games. We know that, you know that. But that's not to say we're a bad team or that we suck donkeys (as you put it) - it's just that we need strengthening in a few areas.

We're building a team, we don't have it right at the moment, but we're looking a damn sight better than we were in other years and we're gaining some great experience. Add in Maloney and a few other signings and we'll be a good side. We just need a bit of speed in our left side attack and a bit more experience up front.

But my point still stands - why the f**k, if you're going to play a team in Darwin would you pick the Cowboys? That's the last team you'd choose. Storm or Canberra in the middle of winter, sure. But not the Cowboys in what is effectively still summer up there. That's almost as dumb as the amount of dropped balls we give away each game.

Nemesis

Bench
tumblr_le66kycsvj1qcuqkno1_500.gif

Ozzy

First Grade
A nice fluke, too bad your mob hasn't put in a single convincing performance all year
Please elaborate, which part was a fluke? The fact that the Roosters played for the full 80 and Souths didn't, the fact that no one tackled Junior Junior when he was crabbing across the field in front of Souths till he found a gap or was there another one?

Bretto

Bench
Man the Roosters were bad. I didn't watch the whole game, but I watched the highlights this morning on nrl.com. Some of their defence was so soft I think Kleenex wanna bottle that shit and infuse it into their tissues.

Cowboys had some good ball movement, and the winger Fai Fai Lau? Pretty big talent.