What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R9 | Sat | Warriors 30-20 Broncos | Mt Smart

Round 9 result: Warriors v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
Broncos missed Wallace, we missed Locke, we're finally starting to click and that win was well deserved. Matulino is a machine. Broncos talking about the ref need to look at how they scored most of their points. Men in pink supplied their try assists. Hodges is a farmer when it comes to milking but that comes with the territory when you're a veteran with that much class. But at the end of the day great game Bronx!

I'm going to need some examples here.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Broncos missed Wallace more than we missed Locke due to Ropati having a very safe game at the back.

Plus, it's much harder to adjust mid game than it is having a whole week to prepare (or in this case 10/11 days). Broncos lost their composure on attack, especially on the last tackle.

Agree about Matulino though, on both sides of the ball he's dominating.

joseph1

Juniors
Matulino = one man forward pack. He could have played more minutes tonight to. Bluey under used him.

Billythekid

First Grade
Great game of footy overall. Both forward packs look very intimidating.

Henry is making claims for rookie of the year, does a lot of good work and appeared to brave a hand injury.

Henry is one of the main reasons the warriors have been so bad this year. His defense is laughably bad and i've lost count of how many tries have come directly from that this year.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Great game of footy overall. Both forward packs look very intimidating.

Henry is one of the main reasons the warriors have been so bad this year. His defense is laughably bad and i've lost count of how many tries have come directly from that this year.

He got stood up badly by Matai in the first game, aside from that he's been very solid.

It's the other side of the field we've had issues with Johnson/Ropati/Manu

In any case when Maloney and Johnson are on the field any centre would have a tough time defending. Those two are prone to poor tackles/reads.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He's talking about Reeds first try, which EVERY Warriors fan knows wasn't even a refs call. Benefit of th doubt easily for BOTH.

:lol: Now you're just trolling if you think that first try should of been given BOD.

Fair enough if the main ref saw the ball get grounded, but no video ref could give that a try of any kind based on those camera angles.

user_nat

Coach
:lol: Now you're just trolling if you think that first try should of been given BOD.

Fair enough if the main ref saw the ball get grounded, but no video ref could give that a try of any kind based on those camera angles.

Whilst I also doubt he grounded it, the correct call is try.
Was there doubt whether or not he grounded it? Yep. And when there is doubt which way does the advantage go?
Same reason the second Reed try should have been a try.

What is up with the lack of camera angles though? Pretty dodgy.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Whilst I also doubt he grounded it, the correct call is try.
Was there doubt whether or not he grounded it? Yep. And when there is doubt which way does the advantage go?
Same reason the second Reed try should have been a try.

What is up with the lack of camera angles though? Pretty dodgy.

The issue isn't the main ref giving it a try, my reply was to the idea that the video ref should of given it a try. BOD shouldn't discount common sense, the video ref made the right call sending it back to the main ref.

As for the second try, live it was a head on view, I have no idea why they couldn't use that view again in the video refs box because it was the only one that would have shown anything. Again the video ref made the right call by sending it back based on the angles available.

Iafeta

Referee
well played refs :lol:

farce, the ammount of times warriors were given a penalty in the ruck because they lost it, I stopped counting tbh

The first two tries from your blokes were absolute howlers. The ref took pot luck on Reed somehow getting it down and served up a try... the second try, Hodges milked a penalty like only Hodges can (he did the same in the test match too). No one on him, falls over, drops the ball, gets a penalty and away we go on the next set for a try.

Thought Matulino was on a human wrecking ball mission in that first half. Top performance from him.

Patorick

Staff member
Is it true Nathan Friend played 75 minutes of the match with a broken jaw?
Says ABC's Brad Tallon. No one else is saying much.

The first two tries from your blokes were absolute howlers. The ref took pot luck on Reed somehow getting it down and served up a try... the second try, Hodges milked a penalty like only Hodges can (he did the same in the test match too). No one on him, falls over, drops the ball, gets a penalty and away we go on the next set for a try.

Thought Matulino was on a human wrecking ball mission in that first half. Top performance from him.
This.

Great player.

vvvrulz

Coach
The first two tries from your blokes were absolute howlers.

Bit unfair given the refs gave us a few freebies too. It was a terrible show from them and luckily it did not have a bearing on the eventual score, I think the result was fair enough.

Latest posts