What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | CHARITY SHIELD | Fri 22 Feb | Dragons 10-28 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Charity Shield winner: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
nrl2013-charityshield.jpg

2013sgi-cs.jpg

1. Gerard Beale 2. Brett Morris 3. Daniel Vidot 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Nathan Fien
8. Michael Henderson 9. Mitch Rein 10. Matt Prior 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Ben Creagh (c) 13. Trent Merrin

Interchange: 14. Will Matthews 15. Bronson Harrison 16. Jack de Belin 17. Cameron King
Reserves:18. Michael Weyman 19. Josh Drinkwater 20. Jack Stockwell 21. Chase Stanley 22. Adam Quinlan

2013sou-her.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Beau Champion 5. Andrew Everingham 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Chris McQueen 12. Ben Te’o 13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Michael Crocker (c) 16. Bryson Goodwin 17. George Burgess
Reserves: 18. Dave Tyrrell 19. Luke Keary 20. Dylan Walker 21. Jason Clark 22. Justin Hunt

2013ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Adam Devcich
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis and Adam Reid
Video Referees: Steve Clark and Luke Patten​

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The bunnies three quarter line is horrific & Luke Burgess is a huge loss for them.

I'm not fussed on the result, I just want to see us try something different in our style.

Fire

First Grade
souffs will shit this game in.

Then their fat, ugly, toothless, loser fans will log on here an brag about it like they actually played in the game :lol:

Soward has to fire up this season. He was once an Origin quality half. Time to play like one again or f**k off.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
The bunnies three quarter line is horrific & Luke Burgess is a huge loss for them.

I'm not fussed on the result, I just want to see us try something different in our style.

If I had to choose a Burgess to lose out of the 4 of them, it would probably be Luke.

IanG

Coach
Which Fox Sports Channel? So I can ask for it down at the club. Be just my luck that a number of pelicans would be watching the grass ballet.

As for who will win? No idea. I use to just say whoever wins the fight but there hasn't been a good all in brawl in the Charity Shield for a while. probably since they started televising it.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ity-shield-clash/story-e6frf3ou-1226582973389

982898-nic-white.jpg

Just when Rugby League fans thought the era of the corner post was over, Fox Sports has delivered the ultimate reason for its survival.
Friday night’s annual Charity Shield battle between St George Illawarra and South Sydney marks the unofficial start to the 2013 NRL season, but the annual pre-season clash will also be remembered for being the first rugby league match with cameras installed in its corner posts.
Fox Sports latest camera innovation Cornerpost Cam will be unveiled for the first time on Friday night after being trialled with great success during a pre-season rugby trial between the Brumbies and an ACT representative team in Canberra earlier this month.
In an extraordinary weekend of innovation for Australia’s leading sports broadcaster, Cornerpost Cam will make its debut on the night before Ref Cam makes its maiden appearance in the round two Super Rugby clash between Queensland Reds and New South Wales Waratahs in Brisbane.
Fox Sports chief executive, Patrick Delany, said the breakthrough innovations are aimed at bring fans closer to the game.
"Ref Cam and Cornerpost Cam produce very different but equally stunning vision," Delany said.
Watch Cornerpost Cam make its debut from 7.00pm (EDT) Friday on Fox Sports 3HD!
"They are about giving fans a new perspective, something they’ve never seen before, and bringing them closer to the sports they love.
"During the summer we rolled out FoxKopter and Helmet Cam and the impact on our Big Bash coverage from an entertainment perspective was really felt by cricket fans.
"We are looking at ways to open up an entirely new experience for fans of every sport and we are only at the tip of the iceberg."
Cornerpost Cam features a GoPro Hero 3 camera imbedded in the lower part of the corner post padding and captures stunning vision of flying wingers leaping over the tryline, or spectacular try-saving tackles by desperate defenders trying to protect their line.
The technology is non-obtrusive and is contained within the corner post padding, making it safe for impact by players or the ball.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...sh/story-e6frf3ou-1226582973389#ixzz2LX8Ckdxj

chrisD

Coach
Saints pack looks terrible and back line not half bad, opposite of what I was expecting. Here's hoping for another Inglis beauty.