What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Sun | Panthers 32-10 Raiders | Centrebet

Round 1: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2013-r1nrlpencan.jpg

TELEVISION Live on FOX Sports 1
RADIO Live on 2GB Sydney + Network

2013teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Dean Whare
2. Josh Mansour 3. Wes Naiqama 4. Brad Tighe 5. David Simmons
6. Lachlan Coote 7. Luke Walsh
8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu 12. Lewis Brown
13. Nathan Smith

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Nigel Plum 16. Clint Newton 17. Jeremy Latimore
Reserve: 18. Adam Docker

2013teams-can-main.jpg

1. Reece Robinson
2. Sandor Earl 3. Jack Wighton 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Edrick Lee
6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams
8. David Shillington (vc) 9. Shaun Berrigan 10. Dane Tilse
11. Josh Papalii 12. Joel Thompson
13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Matt McIlwrick 15. Joel Edwards 16. Mark Nicholls 17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 18. Brett White (vc)
Reserve: 18. Brett White (vc)

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Match officials to be announced

Holden Cup U20s Round 1
Panthers v Raiders @ Centrebet, Sun 11:45am

VB NSW Cup Round 1
Wentworthville Magpies (PAR) v Mounties (CAN) @ Parramatta Stadium, Sat 1:10pm (live FOX Sports)
Windsor Wolves (PEN) Bye

nrl-r1pencan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Panthers will be lucky to score a try I reckon. The Raiders best players are back from injury and the Panthers have the most shallow squad in the comp.

Raiders by 18.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Our trial form has been excellent and hopefully they bring it to Round 1.

Probably "should" win this game but we have a bit of a history with those sort of games.

Raiders by 12.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can't see the Panthers winning many this year. They signed Wes Naiqama FFS.

Raiders 22-10

Paullyboy

Coach
Someone who is rubbish 90% of the time like Naiqama tends to play their best ever game against the Raiders so don't be suprised if he looks like an amazing buy after one match.

Having said that, go the Raiders!!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
I hate to say it, but it's hard to imagine the Panthers being able to beat the Raiders if they show up. The line-up I expect us to use will have no creativity from the halves, and the backline will likely have no excitement value with Tighe, Simmons and Naiqama basically being guarantees.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm not expecting us to set the world on fire this year but the negativity from our own fans for a rd 1 game is intense.

maple_69

Bench
Surprisingly it sounds like Wes has shown decent form in the trials.
I think we'll struggle here and for the first few months bringing a lot of new players into the team won't happen overnight.

bileduct

Coach
Losing Dugan shouldn't hurt too much. Reece Robinson has shown himself to be more than capable at fullback and it gives a chance for Jack Wighton to come in on the wing.

Though goal kicking is going to be a concern with both Dugan and Croker likely to be out.