What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R20 | Sun | Knights 12-28 Roosters | Hunter

Round 20: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Thought we were fairly ordinary today.

Looked a little flat, even.

So to go up to Newcastle and still get a 16 point win without ever really looking like losing was a tremendous result.

Apey

Staff member
The 2 was a bit odd, but understandable. We couldn't break the defense and could have wasted 1/2 minutes trying to score only to still be behind by 2.

As opposed to being behind by 6 and having to start again 100m from their try-line?

I am pretty sure we only had 3 tackles in their half of the field in the last 13 minutes after the penalty goal, and 0 in their 20 - 30m zone.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He dropped the ball on him? What a meanie!

I sure home RTS doesn't go home and kill himself from the depression he'll doubtlessly suffer from such a grievous wound to his fragile ego.

are you seriously going to deny it wasnt a total wanker act?
Completely unnecessary, especially for a side who was likely on the end of a decent hiding.

The bloke is a petulant child, acts like it every step of the way. Put in a total pea heart effort chasing Cordner too.

Princess Darius, what a spanner.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Completely unnecessary, especially for a side who was likely on the end of a decent hiding.

The bloke is a petulant child, acts like it every step of the way. Put in a total pea heart effort chasing Cordner too.

Who the hell cares? You'd be hard pressed to find a player out there who doesn't mouth off, show off, or carry on like a general douche on the field.

He is a pea hearted little bitch, and the Cordner try is a prime example of that - but who cares? It's a game full of accused rapists, accused drug cheats, accused public urinators, and accused woman bashers; Darius dropping a ball on somebody is the least of its problems.

Danish

Referee
As opposed to being behind by 6 and having to start again 100m from their try-line?

I am pretty sure we only had 3 tackles in their half of the field in the last 13 minutes after the penalty goal, and 0 in their 20 - 30m zone.

To me the reason why it was negative is that the knights had already had 2 previous chances to take the 2 but chose to go for the try. If they'd gone for the 2 on the first penalty in that passage of play instead of the 3rd it would have looked much more strategic and much less like a concession that they didn't believe they could score.

Hard to say whether it made a difference in the end though. I think Mason being missing from the last 20 was much more of a deciding factor than anything else.

Apey

Staff member
To me the reason why it was negative is that the knights had already had 2 previous chances to take the 2 but chose to go for the try. If they'd gone for the 2 on the first penalty in that passage of play instead of the 3rd it would have looked much more strategic and much less like a concession that they didn't believe they could score.

Hard to say whether it made a difference in the end though. I think Mason being missing from the last 20 was much more of a deciding factor than anything else.

Agreed. Denying the option and then taking it a few attempts later says nothing but "We give up". It made the decision look even sillier, too, considering the Roosters would be much more likely to concede after repeat sets than any other time.

To be honest, I think what happened afterwards showed that it made a huge difference. Worst case scenario - Roosters have to work it out from their try-line. Something they never had to do again.

This...Mr "fly under the radar" Boyd who is actually disliked by a lot of fans.

Agree to RTS probably did not care but deadset the guy is a knob...

Swarzey

Bench

There was absolutely no way we were going to break them on their line. Take the 2, give the boys a bit of a breather and try and break their line further up the field where they're not at on toes.

Misanthrope

Staff member
There was absolutely no way we were going to break them on their line. Take the 2, give the boys a bit of a breather and try and break their line further up the field where they're not at on toes.

I didn't see it that way at all. Smith had gone mighty close and we were piling on the pressure. We'd scored the McManus try from similar field position only a few minutes earlier.

Apey

Staff member
Not going to break their line is a good indication of the defeatist attitude taking the two points displayed, the Roosters lapped it up and were never troubled again. Any confidence we had we gave to them. If I was a coach of a team up by 8 and the opposition took the 2 points I would laugh my ass off.

Chook

First Grade
Great win by the boys, gutsy and gritty.

Darius Boyd is a massive cat. If he wasn't Bennett's toy boy, he'd be guarding shopping malls.

Chook.

Geohood

Bench
Trent Robinson post match:

However, he was delighted with how his side held on in the second half when the Knights were on top but failed to score a try before opting to kick a penalty in front of the posts.

"We were pretty happy, the boys were pretty excited about that," he said.

"We knew they couldn't break our defence so they opted for the two points. That was pretty good on our behalf."

Card Shark

Immortal
Oh I see because there in second place they must be favoured give your self a uppercut merkin

Done.

Btw, 2 things. It is "they're" & re-check the "W" & "against" columns - they both went up.....but not by much.....merkin. :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Thought we were fairly ordinary today.

Looked a little flat, even.

So to go up to Newcastle and still get a 16 point win without ever really looking like losing was a tremendous result.
Thought the game was a little flat tbh, didnt match the Warriors/Storm game from earlier in the day. Said earlier in the thread the Roosters spine not being as good as top four rivals might be of concern in the finals where you really have to take better advantage of field position.

He dropped the ball on him? What a meanie!

I sure home RTS doesn't go home and kill himself from the depression he'll doubtlessly suffer from such a grievous wound to his fragile ego.
The bloke's just a wanker, there's celebrating a try (which is fine) and there's acting like a dickhead, which was Darius, mouthing off and dropping the ball on him.

One of the most punchable heads in the game is Boyd.