What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | PNG 4-38 Samoa | Hull

Group B: PNG v Samoa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Qlder

First Grade
This is not the team I remember from 08. PNG appear to have gone backwards since then.

They are in dire need of more NRL experience and regular tests matches.

Harrigan

Juniors
What the hell has happened to PNG?

I was looking forward to Fridays game at Headingley but if they play like this and the Kiwi's turn up they could score 100!

vamosrafa

Juniors
The inclusion to the Qld Cup will help but this team is awful and have really gone backwards since '08

Yeah I agree, the QLD cup is just what they need to get better quicker. Fiji don't need that cause they have enough players in the NRL.

hutch

First Grade
Png were by far the strongest pacific nation after the last World Cup and destroyed the others in the 2009 pacific cup. They have barely played since and have been fighting amongst each other up until a few months ago. We need to stop neglecting them! The talent in the county is unlimited, it just needs to be developed. It is a shame that the 3 countries who have out the most effort into developing their own players in png, Wales and France have performed the poorest.

Diesel

Referee
There were reports of in-team fighting or disputes (not from players) so I wonder if that has had some type of affect.

Just reading the comment above that since the dominated the PC in 2009 they haven't played much is a worry

Latest posts