What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | PNG 8-9 France | Hull

Group B: PNG v FRA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joshie

Live Update Team
I'm so glad that game didn't end on a silly penalty goal. To be honest I am glad France got the points

afinalsin666

First Grade
That was my point, one team seems to be able to hold down a hellava lot longer than the other.

You put a player on their back, you can hold them longer. PNG were far better in the wrestle than France. I don't think a PNG player was put on his back the entire game. And the ref was super lenient. Combine the two and it was always going to be lopsided.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think people are being harsh on the quality there. Looked very windy as out there, long passes just weren't gonna happen. Look at Mead's kicking :lol:

PNG had to score when they had 5 consecutive sets. Cant let opportunities like that go without a point

joshie

Live Update Team
Also so glad the referees are not the main focus on all games so far. Crowds look great too. f**k the haters

Springs

First Grade
Conditions clearly affected the quality. PNG played like they were in PNG, not rainy northern England, they are a lot better side than that.
France played to the conditions, as in boring. Their final passes and knock-ons at crucial stages was their undoing. They should have put PNG away long before.

adamkungl

Immortal
One team tackled a helleva lot stronger than the other.

Simple concept mate. PNG EARNED the right to hold down. France didn't.

Have to say I thought the ref was pretty lenient on PNG. Were pretty messy in and around the ruck.

They had they upper hand physically but the French adapted to the conditions better, worked their arses off in defence and just played smarter when it counted.

Brutus

Referee
I enjoyed the game. I like the French halves. Bosc has always been class. The fullback looks classy as well. Greenshields looks like tree sloth out on the wing.

afinalsin666

First Grade
It was a fun game. It was never going to be serious, just good fun with some serious passion on display. That's all you need, we seen with the NRL that every game played the same is boring as f**k.

Yeah, the team that WON.

France won, doesn't change the fact PNG gave it to France all night in the tackle.

I mean are you f**king thick or what? PNG were SMASHING the French, every other tackle there was a frog on its back. France weren't tackling half as strong.

It's not a difficult concept dude.

Springs

First Grade
You put a player on their back, you can hold them longer. PNG were far better in the wrestle than France. I don't think a PNG player was put on his back the entire game. And the ref was super lenient. Combine the two and it was always going to be lopsided.

The ref let France hold down even when they didn't put PNG on their back. The wrestle was awful from PNG, Cummins needed to blow a few penalties early to get the teams out of that shit.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Of all the f**king games that my recorder didn't f**king work for. God damn it. I caught the last few minutes of it.

Don't suppose someone recorded it and is generous enough to send me a copy?

Have to say I thought the ref was pretty lenient on PNG. Were pretty messy in and around the ruck.

They had they upper hand physically but the French adapted to the conditions better, worked their arses off in defence and just played smarter when it counted.

He was calling held (in a lot of cases when he shouldn't have been) and then not acting when PNG continued to hold down :lol:

But he was calling held too early for my liking in a lot of cases so happy that he ignored his own warnings.

France the more composed team. Shame PNG couldn't execute on the pressure they had in the 3rd 20.

Tera

Juniors
Of all the f**king games that my recorder didn't f**king work for. God damn it. I caught the last few minutes of it.

Don't suppose someone recorded it and is generous enough to send me a copy?

Not worth it bro, was a pretty terrible match.

Latest posts