What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Close the Gap R23 // Sat // Tigers 4-48 Roosters // Leichhardt

Round 23: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-wst-main.png

1. Mitchell Moses 2. Kurtis Rowe 3. Cory Paterson 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Keith Lulia
6. Curtis Sironen 7. Blake Austin
8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Adam Blair 12. Dene Halatau 13. Sauaso Sue

14. Ava Seumanufagai 15. Martin Taupau 16. Sitaleki Akauola 17. James Gavet

2014teams-syd-alt.png

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Nene Macdonald 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Heath L'Estrange 10. Sam Moa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Frank Paul Nuuausala

14. Mitchell Aubusson 15. Isaac Liu 16. Dylan Napa 17. Kane Evans

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Gavin Badger, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood, Dave Ryan
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Luke Patten

VB NSW Cup Round 23
SAT 3:00PM | Manly (MAN) v Newtown (SYD) @ Brookvale Oval
SAT 3:00PM | Sharks (CRO/MEL) v Wyong (SYD) @ Remondis Stadium
SAT 3:15PM | Wests Tigers (WST) v Cutters (SGI) @ Leichhardt Oval

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 23
SAT 5:15PM | Tigers v Roosters @ Leichhardt Oval​

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm tipping the Tigers in this one.

We seem to play a lot of teams with a point to prove. And without Jake Friend at Leichardt on a short turnaround this will be tough.

Our season is on the line in this game. But Tigers by 2.

I'm tipping the Tigers in this one.

We seem to play a lot of teams with a point to prove. And without Jake Friend at Leichardt on a short turnaround this will be tough.

Our season is on the line in this game. But Tigers by 2.

We have a pretty impressive record against them though, Tommy.
I think we'll just win in a game where we'll be left wondering if the Roosters are ever going to take this season seriously

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers couldn't beat most u/20s sides ATM

Roosters always miraculously become the most disciplined team in the comp against us

Valheru

Coach
So we finally beat a crap team yesterday and now we get to play an even worse team off the back of a 60 point flogging who are well and truly in crisis. Why us? Why can’t we just play good teams to ensure the players at least put in?

Tigers by 20.

Headless Chook

Juniors
We have a pretty impressive record against them though, Tommy.
I think we'll just win in a game where we'll be left wondering if the Roosters are ever going to take this season seriously

I tend to agree BFO. To my mind they have looked fragile all year with odd crisp performance thrown in to remind us of what they are capable when they're on. They look scared of their own shadows TBH.

It's got me stuffed how we are in the 8 let alone the 4 given what has been dished up this year. Too many lacklustre performances for mine, coupled with a few spectacular bumbling losses thrown in for good measure.

They need to win and win convincingly, starting on Sat. Time is fast running out for them to get their mojo back.

That said, Easts by 20 something. (Here's hoping anyway)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters 14 remind me of tigers 11

We stumbled and bumbled our way through the season looking bog ordinary and somehow landed in 4th. Winning games through sheer talent alone but not putting in or doing the little things right.

We Put in a great performance in week 1 of the finals then went back to how we'd played th year in week 2 and had our pants pulled down by the warriors

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jy Hitchcox replacing Lulia on the wing. Been impressive in nsw cup for a few years now. Might be a bit small for first grade but deserves his chance.