What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R22 // Fri // Rabbitohs 23-4 Sea Eagles // SCG

Round 22: Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-sou-main.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dylan Walker 4. Kirisome Auva'a 5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Luke Keary 7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. David Tyrrell 11. Kyle Turner 12. Ben Te'o 13. Sam Burgess

14. Jason Clark 15. Ben Lowe 16. Chris McQueen 17. Thomas Burgess
18. Luke Burgess 19. Bryson Goodwin 20. Joe Picker

2014teams-man-her.png

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brenton Lawrence 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tom Symonds 13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jesse Sene-Lefao 15. Justin Horo 16. James Hasson 17. Jason King

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Henry Perenara

VB NSW Cup Round 22
SAT 3:00PM | Panthers (PEN) v Bears (SOU) @ Sportingbet Stadium, Penrith
SUN 3:00PM | Wenty (PAR) v Sea Eagles (MAN) @ Ringrose Park, Wentworthville

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 22
FRI 5:30PM | Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles @ SCG​

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Game of the season. If we win we have a real shot of the minor premiership. If Manly wins they have it all but locked in.

Galeforce

Bench
I believe the winner of this game will be Minor premiers and make the grand final.
The loser will NOT make the grand final.

BranVan3000

Coach
Manly by 12. Souffs have done nothing so far this year to prove they're genuine contenders.

Coming second on the ladder with the best for and against and best defence in the game with second best attack

I don't see how anyone could argue we are not contenders

TheFrog

Coach
Coming second on the ladder with the best for and against and best defence in the game with second best attack

You've got the same number of points as us and no-one thinks we are contenders.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Time for Reynolds to get another lesson in what a big time halfback needs to do.

Keary should get a fair working over too.

Eagles by 10.

Some of my favourite games from the past few seasons have been between these two sides. With the all the off field garbage happening at other clubs at the moment, Souths have probably benefitted a lot from not having as much media coverage as last year and seem to really be rounding into form as the season draws to an end. Imo this is a grand final preview, expecting a tough, arm wrestle of a game.

Manly by 4 of course.

Danish

Referee

3 from 6 against top 8 sides this year.

Compare that to 6 from 9 for Manly, 2 from 6 for Penrith, and 3 from 8 for the roosters. Not exactly a stellar performance from the bunnies... or anyone but Manly really. Also interesting to note that despite all the talk of Penrith's easy draw, Souths have wound up only playing the same amount of top 8 sides as the Panthers.

Manly will crush the bunnies on friday night. I don't expect the score to necessarily blow out but they are just in ridiculous form and are too professional for the souths lumbering game plan of bash and barge to rattle them.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think we'll be fairly competitive this game. We've gone up a notch since the last bye (although we have played fairly average teams)

Really starting to get confident with the team, they're beginning to throw the ball around and not solely rely on Inglis, Sutton, Reynolds and Luke to do something.

We have a tough road home although all the games are at major Sydney stadiums (SCG, ANZ three times, then SFS)

Although at first glance Manly just seem too strong and in too good of form to beat, i'd like to think we'll definitely be competitive.

The Winner will win by 4 imo.

BranVan3000

Coach
3 from 6 against top 8 sides this year.

Compare that to 6 from 9 for Manly, 2 from 6 for Penrith, and 3 from 8 for the roosters. Not exactly a stellar performance from the bunnies... or anyone but Manly really. Also interesting to note that despite all the talk of Penrith's easy draw, Souths have wound up only playing the same amount of top 8 sides as the Panthers.

Manly will crush the bunnies on friday night. I don't expect the score to necessarily blow out but they are just in ridiculous form and are too professional for the souths lumbering game plan of bash and barge to rattle them.

Last game was decided by a goal and back then our backline was Merritt, Champion, Goodwin and Tuqiri

Wll be a totally different game

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Last game was decided by a goal and back then our backline was Merritt, Champion, Goodwin and Tuqiri

Wll be a totally different game

And we had no Brett Stewart. Pretty evident what he does for our attack.

And David Williams....

Last edited: