What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R6 // Fri // Panthers 2-18 Rabbitohs // Sportingbet

Round 6: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-pen-main.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Dallin Watene Zelezniak 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamal Idris 5. Josh Mansour
6. Jamie Soward 7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Tim Grant 11. Sika Manu 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Adam Docker

14. James Segeyaro 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Lewis Brown 17. Nigel Plum
18. Isaah Yeo

2014teams-sou-alt.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Dylan Walker 4. Joel Reddy 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. David Tyrrell 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. George Burgess 11. Kyle Turner 12. Ben Te'o 13. Sam Burgess

14. Cameron McInnes 15. Chris McQueen 16. Jason Clark 17. Luke Burgess
18. Alex Johnston 19. Ben Lowe 20. Joe Picker

2014ref-pink.jpg

Head Referee: Ashley Klein
Assistant Referee: Adam Gee

Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Luke Patten

VB NSW Cup Round 6
SAT 3:00PM | Penrith Panthers (PEN) v Wests Tigers (WST) @ Sportingbet Stadium
SUN 4:00PM | North Sydney Bears (SOU) v Wyong Roos @ North Sydney Oval

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 6
FRI 5:20PM | Panthers v Rabbitohs @ Sportingbet Stadium​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
tough one to pick, but maybe the Panthers will pull off another surprise win at home. Souffs with still a lot of convincing to do after the legup they got from the refs.

BunniesMan

Immortal
An uneven penalty count is not the same as a wrong penalty count. If the penalties are legit it's all good. Nobody can say the penalties we got against the Dragons were undeserved.

We've rediscovered how to win.

We should win this.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Will be close low scoring game, flip the coin on this one.

Hopefully we can get it done at home , 15k plus crowd would be nice as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You'd think penrith would have had an eye on this one since before the season started. Their first game against a powerhouse. I think they'll get the points at home.

the dude

Juniors
You'd think penrith would have had an eye on this one since before the season started. Their first game against a powerhouse. I think they'll get the points at home.

They played Storm and Dogs couple weeks back.

It will be a tight low scoring contest.

Souths 18-16

the dude

Juniors
Sorry first powerhouse at home. Dogs aren't one anymore.

Yeah they do seem to be a tough team to beat in Penrith.

Dogs definitely weren't last year but they're playing pretty good footy at the moment. Still early days, hard to read into any teams form at the moment

BranVan3000

Coach
I can't see us getting this. Penrith will send it wide and give us headaches. Even though we do look better defensively without Lote

And their halves will turn us around all day with their quality kicking. I think if GI can get to the ball on the full as often as he did against Merge, we will go a long way to winning it.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Good test for both sides, Penrith playing a top 4 team at home and Souths trying to get back their season back on track.

Could go both ways, but i'd be disappointed if we lost considering the Panthers are still getting to know each other and gelling with their combinations. Hopefully our teams experience can get the better of them.

BranVan3000

Coach
Good test for both sides, Penrith playing a top 4 team at home and Souths trying to get back their season back on track.

Could go both ways, but i'd be disappointed if we lost considering the Panthers are still getting to know each other and gelling with their combinations. Hopefully our teams experience can get the better of them.

Actually Penrith are the top 4 team, not us ;-)

MrAnonymous

Bench

This isn't last year, You merkins are worse than Bronco fans, Beat the Dragons and think you are relevant again.

We are better than you:sarcasm:

mxlegend99

Referee
Souths have the edge in the forward pack. Panthers have the edge in the backline.

Based on 2014 form, Panthers have the edge in the halves aswell. Although nobody rates Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace, so I would assume most people would give the edge in the halves to the Souths.

I think if the Panthers pack can hold their own, the Panthers should win. But we'll need a lot better effort in attack from our forwards then we got against the Raiders. We only had one forward (Latimore) crack more then 100 metres.

Although that might have been by choice... our entire backline made over 100 metres. Idris and Mansour bashed it up all game to run for nearly 400 metres between them. Possibly keeping our pack fresher for defence.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
This will be an interesting one. Real test for both sides.

I like the Panthers. I like the way they play footy and I think Ivan Cleary is very underrated as a coach. Great up and coming side and look to be building something out there.

If we pull up our sleeves and the Burgii play the way they did on Saturday night we'll go close to winning. We went back to what we did best, and that's hold the ball, let the big men get a roll on, and play in and around the ruck with Sutton and Inglis. We've got nothing out wide and Reynolds is in awful form so we just need to stick to what we do best.

We have a fairly pronounced advantage in the forwards. Panthers with far more strike out wide. We might be able to negate that a bit if we get Sowie playing behind a pack that's going backwards.

I dunno - maybe Rabbitohs by a couple of points. Not said with any real confidence though.

GongPanther

Referee
DWZ to fullback.

Moylan got hammered in the second line of attack against the Raiders and the coach can offset this by bringing DWZ in at fullback to assist in chiming in the backline without getting smashed and to be used for diffusing the many bombs that will go his way.

Also bring Peachy and Kev Naquima in the squad.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hopefully Gus or Ivan gives the referee department a call & reminds them to police both sides. If Souffs get the usual soft ride from the officials they will win. If the refs decide to let the game flow then it should be a good contest.

maple_69

Bench
If Penrith can match it in the forwards then we should win. Mansour and Idris will help with their bonus metres from the backline.
I'd like to see DWZ stay on the wing for a few weeks before he starts chiming in at the back.