What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 - Round 5 v Manly (Team Lists)

azsportza

Live Update Team
LU_Round_Banner-Forums_Heri-R5_zps59808a09.jpg

Lu-Banner-Team-WestsTigers_zpsffc82ccc.png

1. James Tedesco
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Keith Lulia
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Pat Richards
6. Braith Anasta
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Liam Fulton
12. Bodene Thompson
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Martin Taupau
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. James Gavet
17. Tim Simona
18. Sitaleki Akauola

Liam Fulton and Tim Simona both will be right to play after missing the game against the Warriors with concussion. James Tedesco and Cory Paterson will still need to pass an NRL concussion test.

Sitaleki Akauola is named on an extended bench and will be just his second NRL appearance should be take the field.

Jesse Sue has been ruled out with an ankle injury and won't be back until at least Round 10.

Full list of injured players here

Lu-Banner-Team-Manly_zps3ac7f0c1.png

1. Peta Hiku
2. Cheyse Blair
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange:
14. James Hasson
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Jamie Buhrer
17. Jason King
18. Jesse Sene-Lefao

HOLDEN CUP TEAMS

Wests Tigers (5th)
1. Sione Alofi 2. Tom Satterthwaite 3. Marion Seve 4. Nathan Milone 5. John Ogden 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Dallas Graham 9. Manaia Cherrington 10. Keni Gavet 11. Salesi Funaki 12. Matthew Woods 13. Tyler Cassel

Interchange: 14. Lamar Liolevave 15. Jake Dooner 16. Mason Farrell 17. Eli Levido 19. Fosio Tatola

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (14th)
1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Charlie Taylor 3. Latrel Schaumkel 4. Luke Garner 5. Jayden Horo 6. Will Pearsall 7. Riley Travers 8. Jack Delaney 9. Michael Stigg 10. Leonati Feiloakitua 11. Rhys Armstrong 12. Liam Knight 13. Nicholas Lynn

Interchange: 14. Hugh Pratt 15. Jordan Armstrong 16. James Mirceski 17. Evan Lee

VB NSW CUP TEAMS

Wests Tigers (3rd)
1. Kurtis Rowe 2. Marika Koroibete 3. Setefano Taukafa 4. Asipeli Fine 5. Taqele Naiyaravoro 6. Blake Austin 7. Nathan Waters 8. Nathan Brown 9. Joel Luani 10. Michael Bullock 11. Ben Murdoch-Masila 12. Jarrod Farlow (c) 13. Kyle Lovett

Interchange: 14. Sam Hollis 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Inno Inosesio 17. Andy Fiagutusa 20. Jy Hitchcox

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (12th)
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Matt Ikuvalu 3. Domenic Reardon 4. Tony Satini 5. Mark O'Dare 6. Jack Littlejohn 7. Manaia Rudolph 8. Jake Trbojevic 9. Jayden Hodges 10. Tyson Andrews 11. Ligi Sao 12. Tom Symonds 13. Daniel Harrison

Interchange: 14. Craig McMurrich 15. Masada Iosefa 16. Santana Palmer 17. Hami Epalahame

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Never been a huge fan of having an outside back on the bench but given the way this concussion rule has ravaged our team it's probably a safe bet having Simona on the bench (as he can cover Fullback, Wing or Centre).

It annoys me however that Lawrence was picked ahead of Simona. Simona's performance in the 60 mins he's played this year should warrant him selection over Lawrence.

DanOz

Juniors
If Simona is not a walk up start then Potter is a joke. Hopefully they are making sure he is okay and then Lawrence or Lulia should drop out of the side

super_coach

First Grade
If Simona is not a walk up start then Potter is a joke. Hopefully they are making sure he is okay and then Lawrence or Lulia should drop out of the side

Dont bet on it, I think Potter will stick by the likes of Lawrence,Lulia and Anasta all season. I dont understand but I get the feeling he will stick with them regardless of form

Tiger05

First Grade
As already stated Simona has to be one of the first players choosen if fit. To me he gets that left centre spot if he is falling over blind drunk 2 minutes prior to the game starting.

This is where Potter can stuff up and be moved on. To me he has to get the tough decisions right. Anasta to me has done absolutely nothing wrong however Austin must be really close to getting picked.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Potter has given Lawrence another chance as he only just came back from injury.

If Lawrence doesn't perform this week he must either replace Luila or be dropped to NSW cup

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Manly's defence has been their strength this year (the past couple actually). If we can't score lots of points, like we did against Souths we are going to be in huge trouble.

I'd prefer to see the team stacked with players who can score points and just hope we can outlast Manly on the day. I'd rather see us win 32 to 30 than hope we can hold them out in a low scoring match similar to the Chooks.

I think our packs can cancel each other out but I don't think Lawrence and Lulia can contain Matai and Lyons and their halves are a huge worry. Lets hope we turn up to play....

magpie guy

Juniors
Sue being injured really hurts our backrow. Having Fulton back is a plus to our defense but overall I think it is weaker without the impact of Sue. Is Patterson injured as well? I seem to recall reports of him coming off injured last week.

How far away is Siro meant to be? Any reports of the form of BMM in state cup? Hasn't been named in the side all season.

If Potter keeps sticking to the plodders in our backline he will most likely be looking for a new job next year !

BrotherJim05

Bench
Manly's defence has been their strength this year (the past couple actually). If we can't score lots of points, like we did against Souths we are going to be in huge trouble.

I'd prefer to see the team stacked with players who can score points and just hope we can outlast Manly on the day. I'd rather see us win 32 to 30 than hope we can hold them out in a low scoring match similar to the Chooks.

I think our packs can cancel each other out but I don't think Lawrence and Lulia can contain Matai and Lyons and their halves are a huge worry. Lets hope we turn up to play....

I agree completely. Our packs are fairly evenly matched. I would even go as far to say we have a bit more grunt up the middle which can work to our advantage. Tupau, Gavet, Woods, Ava and Galloway have the potential to trample their pack but as you said, its the edges where I'm very worried.
Hopefully Simona's job will be to replace Lulia or Lawrence if either are feeling fatigued. If Tedesco is fully fit and firing then we are in with a good chance

TYGA

Juniors
Lyon/Matai vs Lawrence/Lulia. Simona doesn't play we lose 13+.
Can fat-koala play centre?

Simona on bench is just ridiculous.

Lulia and Lawrence is ridiculous. (Richards Simona Nofo Koro)
Anasta. Pfft.
Blair and Thompson have never earned selection. Both play one good game and 10 shit ones.

BMM and Austin are due.

DanOz

Juniors
Simona on bench is just ridiculous.

Lulia and Lawrence is ridiculous. (Richards Simona Nofo Koro)
Anasta. Pfft.
Blair and Thompson have never earned selection. Both play one good game and 10 shit ones.

BMM and Austin are due.
Thompson has earned his spot on form this year. BMM by all accounts is overweight and unfit.

TYGA

Juniors
He can play wing with the speed he has

Good to hear. He may surprise like Simona who looked average before 2013 as he has had a few games in FG I believe.

Potter has done alot right this year however, we need to move on from Lawrence, Lulia, Anasta during the season. We wont win a comp this year so I would like to see Big T, Koro, Fine or Akaoula, Moses get a crack at some stage.

Matchball

Bench
Manly team must have watched the tapes.
They will target Lawrence all day. I can't believe he is even getting picked after last weeks first half defensive efforts alone while Simona is on the bench.

I just can't see him miraculously getting his speed back in a week.

Thompson 2 good games and 2 terrible. Par with rest of team though.

BMM looks same as last year weight wise. Been quite good last couple of weeks.

magpie guy

Juniors
Manly team must have watched the tapes.
They will target Lawrence all day. I can't believe he is even getting picked after last weeks first half defensive efforts alone while Simona is on the bench.

I just can't see him miraculously getting his speed back in a week.

Seeing as there is the extended bench I would be surprised if Simona didn't start. Long as Simona passes the fitness test re: concussion I expect Lulia to drop off and the bench to be Tapau, Ava S., Gavet and Akauola.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see what Potter is trying to do here, field a side that is as defensively strongvas possible.

In saying that, i'd drop Lulia & bring in Simona. If we must have a back on the bench, make it Paterson or Thompson.