What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$15,000.00 finals insurance fund

Bundy

Juniors
*BUMP*

S. Clarke to referee the Dragons this weekend. It'll be interesting to see the penalty count.

Bundy

Juniors
carcharias said:
Spray a calculated gamble

By Brent Read
August 09, 2006 CALCULATED gamble or moment of madness?
History would suggest St George-Illawarra coach Nathan Brown's latest diatribe against the referees had more to do with the former than the latter.
Comb through the archives and you'll find Brown produced a similar tirade, at a similar time, last year.
That criticism was also triggered by his side being on the end of a lopsided penalty count in a game controlled by one of the game's leading referees, Steve Clark.
The spray eventually cost the club $10,000 but it was money well spent, the Dragons winning their next seven games before losing to the eventual premier, Wests Tigers, in the grand final qualifier.
In those seven games, St George-Illawarra was on the right end of the penalty count four times.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20065128-23214,00.html

Or is the NRL making a statement that they will not be swayed in the selection of referees.

Thomo.

First Grade
reefy is right. and i totally agree. it will pay off,

clark will go easy on them. Dragons ------straight into grand final

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well firstly, how the f*ck did Clarke get a Semi? how the f*ck is he in the running for the Grand final more importantly?
Secondly, how much pressure is on him for this game? Either way , he loses.
Thirdly, how well did this plan box the referees in to a corner? It has been perfectly executed IMO with them not being able to step left or right without making a mistake.
If the Dragons win, against all odds, what chance they would get Clarke in the Grand Final? None I reckon as he is not up to it.

Dread

Juniors
Lets just hope that Clarke thinks to hell with the pressure, and penalises the Dragons outta the game just to show what he thinks about their 'gamble.'

Won't happen though. f*cken dragons. f*cken Clarke.

Argh!

Thomo.

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Well firstly, how the f*ck did Clarke get a Semi? how the f*ck is he in the running for the Grand final more importantly?

if he gets it, DRAGONS-----------Trophy

on the other hand - NRL need and i stress NEED ,melbourne to be successful, then STORM to win.

Thomo.

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
f*ck melbourne. Salary cap rorters year after year.

i know but, they were losing support in melb. and the NRL is keen for the game to prevail there:sarcasm:

Macca

Coach
I hope the NRL put the only pressure that matters on Clarke. Referee the game fairl or you won't get the GF.

If the Dregs cheat, penalise them.

spider

Coach
Clarke is not worthy on performance of refereeing the Buckley shield, let alone a semi for the GF.

:crazy:

jc155776

Coach
I hate saying this but Shane Hayne has been refereeing very well lately....

Games were under control and no suss penalty counts. A bad call now and again but nothing dramtical horrible and he let the games flow. This was near the back end of the season.

I still hate him though.

imasharkie

Coach
I've disliked Clarke for a long time now because of his arogance but the bloke has the support of the players who rate him the number 1 whistleblower in the game.
That'll do me as long as he gives the Broncs an even chance in the GF.

Inferno

Coach
Macca said:
I am certainly not a fan. One of the worst.

Hampstead is the best.

I rate that young guy we had this year in a couple of games Ben Cummins.

Went from reffing the SG Ball GF last year to first grade this year. I was impressed with how cool he was, seemed like he'd been doing it for years.

spider

Coach
Inferno said:
I rate that young guy we had this year in a couple of games Ben Cummins.

Went from reffing the SG Ball GF last year to first grade this year. I was impressed with how cool he was, seemed like he'd been doing it for years.

Im sure Billy gave him a wrap on the Back Page the other night too.