What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15-year Warriors book

LeagueNut

First Grade
I saw a book out in the shops today, it's by Richard (?) Matheson and covers the first 15 seasons.

I had a quick flick, looks like pretty stock-standard stuff without too many gory bits. Anyone had a proper read?

Might be a good stocking-filler for some of us. :)

Yeah, I got it last week when I was down in Levin for the soccer.
It's an alright read mainly touching up on our mainly turbulent past & some of our highs
Has alot of good photos in it from our history
Would make a good Christmas present for any Warriors fan.

Sueb

Juniors
Shame about the amount of publicity for it. What's it called, and which bookshop? I hate shopping, prefer to know exactly where i need to go and get out quickly. Cheers.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Yeah, "Warrior Nation" is the one.

It should be everywhere Sue, I saw it today in Whitcoulls & Borders.

Sueb

Juniors
Cheers guys. Will have a look for it tomorrow. Will buy it for Steve for Xmas :)then he can regift it to me :)

Micistm

Bench
I'll wait for it to appear in The Warehouse bargain bins for $2.00

Same. Got Mathesons other League books (Monty Betham baring my soul and Stacey Jones keeping the faith) when they hit the Warehouse bins.

I see Price's book is starting the downward price in the Warehouse. Like Monty's book, I'll be in when it hits the sub tenner:)

ozbash

Referee
heres the 15 yr anniversary jersey that goes with it, pic courtesy warriors ballboy.

2di10qp.jpg

Micistm

Bench
Sport books do plummet fast though...unless you're REALLY keen, it makes sense to wait a few weeks. The fantastic hardback 'The Kiwis' I got for under half price as well. In fact, in all my sport books there's few I have had to spend full retail on. The only one I can think of is Wayne Bennetts 'don't die with the music in you', everything else has been discounted.

Micistm

Bench
Well, I've made a liar of myself by picking it up today (with a Xmas voucher) rather than wait for the price drop.
It's not a bad little book, in all honesty. At first look without reading it, anyway. Not overly in depth, but just a general look at the history so far with plenty of pics.
If I wasn't using a voucher I dunno if I would say it was worth the retail price (38.95 at Whitcoulls), but it's definately one to pick up if you see cheap.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Well, I've made a liar of myself by picking it up today (with a Xmas voucher) rather than wait for the price drop.
It's not a bad little book, in all honesty. At first look without reading it, anyway. Not overly in depth, but just a general look at the history so far with plenty of pics.
If I wasn't using a voucher I dunno if I would say it was worth the retail price (38.95 at Whitcoulls), but it's definately one to pick up if you see cheap.

Good to see you supporting your man Matheson

Micistm

Bench
Good to see you supporting your man Matheson

:lol:Indeed!! I have three Matheson books now-This one, Monty Bethams and the Stacey Jones glorified picture book (how he can claim to be the 'author' when it's quotes is beyond me...'compiled by' or 'arranged by' is more accurate). This is the first I bought without discount- if the voucher counts as retail cash!

Latest posts