What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R4 | Fri | BRI 21-20* NQL | Suncorp

R4: Broncos v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

BRI-HERITAGE-2016-SQU-150.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Greg Eden 3. Jordan Kahu 4. James Roberts 5. Lachlan Maranta 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Sam Thaiday 16. Jo Ofanhengaue 17. Kodi Nikorima

NQL-AWAY-2016-150.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. John Asiata 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant

REF-LIME-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Matt Noyen;
Sideline Officials: Michael Wise, Jeff Younis;
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Steve Chiddy, Bernard Sutton

Holden Cup R4, 5:45pm AEDT (4:45pm local)

Intrust Super Cup QLD R4 times AEST
Pride (NQL), Capras & Dolphins (both BRI) have the bye
Easts (MEL) v Norths (BRI) @ Suzuki Stadium, 3:00pm Sat
Burleigh (GLD) v Mackay (NQL) @ Pizzey Park, 4:00pm Sat
Townsville (NQL) v Wynnum (BRI) @ Jack Manski Oval, 4:00pm Sat
Souths Logan (BRI) v Ipswich (BRI) @ Davies Park, 12:40pm Sun (Ch 9)

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Brisbane teams of this age don't take defeats like the one they had on Saturday lightly.

Cows really aren't the Cows of last year.Brisbane by 30.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Cows coming off a 40 point win, while we come off a 1 point loss. There will be a very obvious difference in intensity between these two teams.

TheFrog

Coach
Very easy to tip against the Broncos after their capitulation in the second half last game. The scoreline really did flatter the losers, they were completely exposed in the second half, by a depleted and unfancied team that came out to play football while they just wanted the game to end.

This might be a Grand Final Replay and all that, and they are two very good football teams, but the match amounts to very little in the scheme of things. The Broncos could win by 50 and the Cows would still be premiers. It's worth 2 points, this game, the same as all the others. Both sides will make the finals, so this isn't really a very important game.

I'm tending to favour the Broncos because they are at home and should have got a wake up call about thinking they have games won when ahead at half time, as if last time these sides met wasn't enough to drum that in.

Maroon4life

Juniors
On form you would tip the cowboys. Broncos @ home helps but Hunt is in a bit of a slump & Oates out puts the cowboys as deserved favourites.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Bugger me, how are the Cows outsiders in this?

Should be close but the odds are crazy.

Took the $2.80 about Penrith last week and will take the black figure odds on the Cows this week.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Get to f**k

Cowboys to dominate the forwards allowing JT to do his thing

The Broncos back five are Boyd, Eden, Kahu, Roberts and maranta. Hardly a combination to keep Coach Green up at night wondering how to stop them

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I don't understand how we are favourites in this.
Or for the premiership for that matter.

I can understand the former but the latter? What is wrong with you?

As for this game, it is worth noting that Brisbane are 4 from 4 at home to the Cowboys in the past couple of years.

user_nat

Coach
I can understand the former but the latter? What is wrong with you?

As for this game, it is worth noting that Brisbane are 4 from 4 at home to the Cowboys in the past couple of years.

We should definitely be up there as far as the premiership goes, but it's the same Cows team that won last year.

Latest posts