What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st test Aust vs England @ the gabba

pantherz9103

First Grade
JJ said:
Is Lee the most over-rated bowler in test cricket???

No. That would be Steve Harmison

Why is he bowling now?

Got a wicket 1st over, could probably knock the tail over. Runs are hardly an issue they're no chance of winning.

Why is he in the team?

Because he is a wicket tacker and provides the contrast to McGrath's miserly approach

Will he be tonked for 100 as quickly than Harmison was?

Runs aren't an issue in this case. Poms taking some advantage of the batting wicket that they failed to in 1st half.

Not saying he's a great test bowler yet by any means, but the guy has proven himself in the one day scene and is improving in the 5 day game. He has off days but he our best genuine quick right now. That's a fact.

JJ

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
His last over showed why - it was a good length, only 1 run then the next over from the other end -ooh ahh

pffft

Glenn McGrath would take wickets with El Diablo bowling at the other end...

Lee is all trousers and no c**k! Australia's answer to Danny Morrison...

If they play just two quicks in any of the coming tests, will Clark go or will sanity prevail and Lee be dumped?

pantherz9103

First Grade
To those Lee knockers. You do realise that there's ZERO chance of him being dropped anytime soon don't you :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McGrath can do no wrong, even his inside edges hit the stumps, yet Brett Lee's go for four.

3 wickets to get.

spider

Coach
JJ said:
Lee is all trousers and no c**k! Australia's answer to Danny Morrison...

Lee will be at Adelaide - reason being, the experts that select the side have far greater knowledge than those that say "he is terrible and should be dumped".

If the test was close (LOL), he would be bowling a different attack.

Fact is - if the batsman are prepared to have a crack - then chances are there.

Harmison openly claimed the pressure got to him and led to his poor bowling - will he be dropped?

JJ

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
Lee will be at Adelaide - reason being, the experts that select the side have far greater knowledge than those that say "he is terrible and should be dumped".

If the test was close (LOL), he would be bowling a different attack.

Fact is - if the batsman are prepared to have a crack - then chances are there.

Harmison openly claimed the pressure got to him and led to his poor bowling - will he be dropped?

of course Harmison should be dropped - but Anderson was even worse!

I don't think Lee should be dropped - what I think is:
1. He's terribly over-rated.
2. If the balance of the attack is changed, then he should go before Stuart Clark.

spider

Coach
JJ said:
Glenn McGrath would take wickets with El Diablo bowling at the other end...

Is this true El D?

JJ - dont disregard Lee with the bat as well, also in the outfiled for that matter.

spider

Coach
JJ said:
of course Harmison should be dropped - but Anderson was even worse!
I would give him a chance to redeem himself - no need to panic as they say.........

I don't think Lee should be dropped - what I think is:
1. He's terribly over-rated.
I would like to see his average come way down - its around 30 i think?

I dont claim he is a great - but along with the bat, he is good value in the side.

2. If the balance of the attack is changed, then he should go before Stuart Clark.
I would not envisage a change for the next one - but thats only my opinion.

JJ

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
I would give him a chance to redeem himself - no need to panic as they say.........

I would like to see his average come way down - its around 30 i think?

I dont claim he is a great - but along with the bat, he is good value in the side.

I would not envisage a change for the next one - but thats only my opinion.

average about 31.5

no doubt he's good value in the side... just think that if a spinner was included at some stage and Clark was dropped, that would be a bit harsh.

If this team performance doesn't give the Poms a reason to panic, I don't know what would

aussies1st

Staff member
JJ said:
average about 31.5

no doubt he's good value in the side... just think that if a spinner was included at some stage and Clark was dropped, that would be a bit harsh.

If this team performance doesn't give the Poms a reason to panic, I don't know what would

The problem dropping Lee is we become one dimensional, lose a reverse swinger and then his handy batting. Playing 5 bowlers could be the way to go instead of an all rounder and 4 bowlers.

willvillain

Juniors
Clark's performance has basically ensured that Clark, Clarke and Lee are all safe, while Watson and MacGill are left in the dark.

They'll both play in the dead rubber at Sydney, but hopefully not before then.

Latest posts