What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v England at Rajkot, Nov 9-13, 2016

Pommy

Coach
319/4 at stumps

The young kid got two catches in the last two overs a great way to end what's been a frustrating day at times.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pretty crucial wickets, threw game looks headed for a draw but if England can finish off India quickly in the first session then they might be able to force a win.

But a draw is likely.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cooky dropped a sitter at slip, Poms would have had a 77 run lead

Now 66 ahead, still 1 wicket to get

Hutty1986

Immortal
Another indian ton for Cook. Class player. Wonder if Eng will declare just after lunch? Might be a bit too adventurous for the poms.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jeez Dharmasena is a rubbish umpire. And I can't believe Pujara didn't review that

TheParraboy

Staff member
India 4/71, about 25 overs left

ball moving sideways when it hits a main crack on the deck

India should hold on for a draw, but another couple of quick wickets will throw the pigeon amongst the cats...

Bazal

Post Whore
One thing that really shits me is the way that Chris Gaffney ruled (on the previous DRS) that Ashwin was playing a shot. He's just not playing a shot, the bat is tucked well behind his pad and well out of the way. It didn't matter on that decision but a couple of shouts the same thing has happened and the ball would have been hitting, but they've ruled him to be playing a shot when he just isn't.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well, with that being a draw, India will learn a lot from this match...

And by that I mean they'll make 100% sure that every pitch from hereon in turns square on day one and could be used to fill in dirt roads by day four

Pommy

Coach
Well, with that being a draw, India will learn a lot from this match...

And by that I mean they'll make 100% sure that every pitch from hereon in turns square on day one and could be used to fill in dirt roads by day four

Part of me thinks they've made sure this pitch was ok just to liven the series up. Flogging England 5 times can't be that interesting or that great for TV sponsorship.