What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: South Africa v India at Capetown Jan 5-9 2018

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol...Travis Head and Matt Wade get (rightly) fined for their...um, "in your face" wicket celebrations. What odds Kohli gets a fine for that garbage aimed at Faf? Or Hardik for obviously screaming "f**k you!" three or four times.

EDIT-Sorry, must be watching the wrong game, I forgot that only Australians carry on like that.
Haha was about to mention that baz. The fckwit's carry on was far worse than any so called 'ugly australian' moments.
I'm sure JJ can try and defend the hypocrisy. As soon as the Australian Open finishes up.

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha was about to mention that baz. The fckwit's carry on was far worse than any so called 'ugly australian' moments.
I'm sure JJ can try and defend the hypocrisy. As soon as the Australian Open finishes up.

Not sure what you're talking about mate. We're repeatedly told that only Australians carry on like that. Or when other teams do it it's because they're playing against big bad Australia. Clearly I misinterpreted what I saw....it was probably some Hindi thing, like maa ki.

On a serious note the footage they showed after all that settled of Pandya reacting to the DRS decision should have him in some trouble IMO. Dissent is a pretty obvious no-no

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not sure what you're talking about mate. We're repeatedly told that only Australians carry on like that. Or when other teams do it it's because they're playing against big bad Australia. Clearly I misinterpreted what I saw....it was probably some Hindi thing, like maa ki.

On a serious note the footage they showed after all that settled of Pandya reacting to the DRS decision should have him in some trouble IMO. Dissent is a pretty obvious no-no
He was literally screaming profanities at the batsman. Somehow i think he'll get away with it.

Bazal

Post Whore
The saffas are probably 1 batsman light in this lineup. Also seem under the "quota" for this match

The quota is an average of games over the whole season tbh. Or the year or something. Individual matches can be under the quota as long there is a majority of games where they meet the quota.

TheParraboy

Staff member
LOL team India

How the hell did SA almost get 300?

India 3/28 in reply, kholi caught behind for 5 - hahaha. Hope a few of the proteas said some ‘nice’ words to send him packing. India will struggle to avoid the follow on LOL friggin Hilarious :laughing:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
pretty obvious kiwis would rather watch t20 than test cricket ;)

your not no1 for nothing in that format ;)

Not #4 in tests for nothing too.

But South Africa has the most top level tests worth watching this summer.

Sky NZ are so useless when NZ toured SA last time, CSA and home broadcaster instead of selling Sky the broadcast gave it to NZ'ers free on a stream.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Steyn
Philander
Morkel
Rabada
Maharaj

That a helluva attack. Seems a bit bowler heavy.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
Surely Rahane and Rahul should be picked over muppets like Dhawan and Sharma.

Both teams look a little skinny batting wise.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Steyn
Philander
Morkel
Rabada
Maharaj

That a helluva attack. Seems a bit bowler heavy.

great attack, they always had a great pace attack. maybe short of a quality spinner in the past

We are always heavily underdogs when we tour there, come March 2018 nothing will change that.
However they haven't been able to beat us since apartheid (though they have won the last 3 series on our soil)