What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Off-Contract Eagles Players

Detox

Juniors
The following players are off-contract at the end of 2005, they can all talk with other clubs after June 30.

Out of the following, who do you really want the club to keep and you do you think they can afford to let go for 2006?

John Hopoate
Kylie Leuluai
Mailangi Styles
Phil Morwood
Jason King
Chad Randall
Chris Hicks
Daniel Heckenberg
Nathan Hollingsworth

Add any corrections or additions to that list via a reply if needed

Detox

Juniors
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Kylie Leuluai
Mailangi Styles
Phil Morwood
Jason King
Chad Randall
Chris Hicks
Daniel Heckenberg
Nathan Hollingsworth

I'm pretty sure Maliangi signed a 2 year extension to his contract at the end of 04?

Matt M

Juniors
We should look to certainly keep Leuluai, King, Randall, Hicks and Heckenberg. I don't know much about Styles or Morwood but I hear that they are good players. Holdsworth is good for depth as he is a very capable first grader, nothing spectacular though. I doubt we will be keeping Hoppa, he's just getting too and too slow.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Kylie Leuluai - SIGN!
Mailangi Styles - SIGN!
Phil Morwood - Good for depth, but that's about it. For 05 we have eight players capable of playing in the second row. If Phil is re-signed it would be for PL use only IMO.
Jason King - SIGN!
Chad Randall - SIGN!
Chris Hicks - SIGN!
Daniel Heckenberg -SIGN!
Nathan Hollingsworth - Good for depth. More defensively sound than Dunley but lacks in attack.

eagleangel

Juniors
OMG this is dangerous..

gotta lock up these boys quick smart!

Kylie Leuluai <--- critical
Mailangi Styles
Jason King <--- critical
Chad Randall <---critical
Chris Hicks <---critical
Daniel Heckenberg
Nathan Hollingsworth -good to keep... mainly for depth tho[/b]

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I believe Hecks is the most important on that list. Followed by Randall unless he has another year like last. Hicks will be needed. We are going to find looking for 1 centre hard enough unless we develop one very quickly this year.

Management cannot afford to take their time on this. If the Dolphins are coming in they are going to pushing very hard in the market place.

fish

Juniors
Hoppa.....Anyone.....Please take him,I'll throw in Hollingsworth to seal the deal.

Disco

Bench
for starters we came 13th, so i find it hard to believe that all those players are critical

for mine

RE-SIGN

Jason King
Chad Randall
Chris Hicks
Mailangi Styles

then moniter Lulu and Hecks, i'd look to resign both but form and players signing will come into account

Morwood can stay, good for depth

Cut Hoppa and hollingsworth

Also isn;t Mona's off-contract

Corbin

Juniors
John Hopoate Off to England
Kylie Leuluai YES
Mailangi Styles DNO
Phil Morwood DNO
Jason King YES
Chad Randall DNO I see shane dunley as a better player
Chris Hicks YES
Daniel Heckenberg YES
Nathan Hollingsworth YES

The Toecutter

Juniors
Heckenberg and Leuluai are must keeps my eagles peeps. But da rest are optional depending on who else ends up next to the coco pops and dick smith peanut butter on the Woolies shelves come July.