What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Arl Quad Series.

albert

Juniors
2008 ARL Quad Series Sunday, 22nd June 2008

PLAYER​
CLUB
Alan Burns
Cabramatta Blues
Ian Catania
Shellharbour Marlins
Tim Wynn
Wentworthville Magpies
Daniel Deaves
Shellharbour Marlins
Ben Ellis
Shellharbour Marlins
Brett Finn
Sydney Bulls
Jason Godecke
WA Reds
Jon Green
Shellharbour Marlins
Greg Hilton
Belrose Eagles
Scott Jones
Cabramatta Blues
Jacob Martin
Erina Eagles
Matthew McConnell
Mounties
Shane McMenemy
WA Reds
Simon Micallef
Wentworthville Magpies
James Mortimer
Belrose Eagles
Jon Tavinor
Erina Eagles
Don Thompson
Chester Hill Rhinos
Craig Trindall
Windsor Wolves
David Vial
Erina Eagles
Chris Yates
Cabramatta Blues

Coach - Mark Horo
Manager - Michael Weir
Doctor - Steve McNamara
Trainers - Alan Chong; Lisa Ponting;Craig Simon
Physio - Mark Beaven
NSWRL Coordinator - David Norman

albert

Juniors
The Rugby League Quad Series is an annual tournament involving the NSW Country Representative side, the Jim Beam Cup representative side, the Queensland Country representative side and one invitational side.

albert

Juniors
Queensland has been confirmed as hosts for the third annual ARL Quadrangular Tournament, with matches to be shared between the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
The Quadrangular Tournament involves representatives from the Sydney based Jim Beam Cup, the NSW Country and the Queensland Country competitions, plus one invitational side.
Scheduled June, the 2008 Quad series, will run for only 12 days to help make it easier for the best players from the respective competitions to be made available. The tournament will kick off in the Gold Coast before heading north to QuadPark on the Sunshine coast for the final group matches and tournament final.
The fourth invitational side has not yet been confirmed for the 2008 tournament; however it is likely that the Affiliated States side will be included again.
Past Quad Series Results:
2006 – New Zealand Residents 32 defeated NSW Country 18
2007 – NSW Country 26 defeated Jim Beam Cup (Sydney) 16

Nuke

Staff member
That's what I noticed too.

So that's why there's a 2 week break for the Jim Beam Cup competition mid-season ... makes sense now!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done to the two Reds players and to Jon. Good to see our players being recognised, even after such a short time in the comp.

Nuke

Staff member
Just think how many players could've been in had the Reds won a few more matches ...!

Roland

Juniors
The 4th team this year is BARLA the British Amateur rep side. Mounties and the Bulls have won 11 and 10 games but got only one each!

The 4th team this year is BARLA the British Amateur rep side.

It's the GB Community Lions - basically the best of the amateur rep sides (GB Students, RL Confernce, etc.)

Here's a link to their tour blog:

www.totallycommitted.co.uk/blog

I'd be tipping them to struggle against the Queensland Rangers and the Jim Beam Cup sides which both contain their share of 2nd tier (NSW Cup, Queensland Cup) quality players.

Roland

Juniors
Your right. I thought the British Lions was a new name for Barla but it is actually a combination of BARLA, Combined services and Students comps so it will be stronger than BARLA.

I saw some references to the Quad series on british sites as an amateur competition in Australia. I think they might be in for a bit of a shock.

b0rt

Juniors
well at least the JBCup is semi-pro, dunno bout others
if you call that amateur then yeh, its amateur

Roland

Juniors
2 of the Shellharbour players in the team are full time professionals contracted to St George.

JasonE

Bench
The GB Community Lions played a warm-up match yesterday against a Queensland Universities Select XIII.
The Lions won 56 - 0.

I think that will be a similiar but losing scoreline the Lions will face in the Quad series, they are nowhere near the standard of the other 3 teams.

icewind

Juniors
especially since one is a WA junior
go jase!
and, correct me if im wrong, WAs Jon Green!

no, jon green plays for shellharbour marlins. their club is beneath their name, not above. Jason Godecke is the reds player.