What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chook Norris

First Grade
ANZ works and should be used but not on a full time basis, 4-5 of the teams bigger home games should be there and the rest at other grounds.

yer, imo the Dogs should only have their opening round matches there + when they vs certain Sydney teams

brendothejet

First Grade
i think that since all this doom about sydney clubs came about, the broncos have suffered a hit in crowds.

if things were all hunky dory, we would have got 40k friday night.

it seems we would not need ideal conditions.

plus there is lots on atm....ekka show, olympics for two.

HAHAHAHAHAH YOU ARE f**kING KIDDING!?!?!?

Because of the doom about sydney clubs brisbane's crowds are going down?

So now it is Sydney's fault that they got a sh*t crowd.

Can you imagine rabbitohs fans blaiming North Queensland poor form for a low crowd against the raiders?? The QLD mob on here would tear us apart.

Day of Stupidity more like....

scottyeel

Bench
Geez, if the Warriors get more than 1500 in this weather then a big congratulations to them. Absolutely pouring down.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Anyone yet to place "Day of Rockening" and "Save the Children" (otherwise known as Buzz & Bec) on their ignore list, should do so immediately.

Brutus

Referee
Save the Children has been on my ignore list for a while now. I haven't really noticed the other one.

Eels Dude

Coach
the only way sydney clubs can break 30,000 is at homebush.

the clubs youve mentioned - i believe, can all break that figure within time.

souths are averaging 15,000 in a dud season.

if they win the comp. theyll crack 20,0000 easy. the dogs too have had a terrible season and the crowds are good.

when they rebuild their team, from next year and on, 20,000 will be easy for them.

ANZ for certain clubs is a perfectly fine ground

It still looks 75% empty though. Fans don't like watching the games there, and players don't seem to enjoy it that much either.

stormtragic

Juniors
It still looks 75% empty though. Fans don't like watching the games there, and players don't seem to enjoy it that much either.

its a catch 22.....if fans turn up in their droves now it will give clubs more money to play games at traditional homes grounds....buy memberships too, it will help ...

remember tiger lose $60k at leichardt every game even packed with 17k...thats why the days when they got 5k-9k is why they are now at anz

id rather 25,000 at homebush than 15,000 at a surburban ground.

and one day homebush will see 30,000 - 40,000 which will be fantastic.

weve just got to be patient.

AFL plays loads of games at the mcg with the stadium half empty and all people say is how good their crowds are.

Brutus

Referee
Unfortunately it's just ANZ Stadium that looks empty.

CUA Stadium doesn't look that crash hot tonight either. Woeful.

does it ever stop raining in new zealand.

they must have nicked it from us when we werent looking.

we'll swap ya. your rain for Russell Crowe and Crowded House.

Knight87

Juniors
Anyone yet to place "Day of Rockening" and "Save the Children" (otherwise known as Buzz & Bec) on their ignore list, should do so immediately.

Oh my goodness!!!! NO WAY!!!!! You can't be serious. Bec and Buzz on this website? Where did you find that out from? No wonder why SaveTheChildren's posts were certain responses from some people. I think you should start a thread on this, to notify everyone. A few months ago, when they had the Bulldogs board meetings, no wonder why all of a sudden, one day, I read in the Telegraph and they were randomly quoting certain posters on this forum.

Serc

First Grade
Winter tends to the the rainy season in NZ...lucky all Aussie grounds (except Melb) have their dry season for the latter 2/3rds of the comp each year :)

DINGb@T

Juniors
Here's the Parramatta graph E dude...

parramatta.gif

Interesting chart with the surprise being the Bulldogs out in front and the terrible showing by Penrith which is bizarely consistent at about 14,000- weird.

Some more interesting ones I thought I'd show...

View attachment stgeorge.jpg

The Dragons chart is a bit of a dog's breakfast with figures all over the place with no real rhyme or reason. I put this down to all the different home grounds they have. The interesting trend has to do with the Roosters- why the large turnouts? The Sharks derby games are consistent but aren't the highest drawing games which is a little surprising. This is probably all down to the stadium selection for these games. I doubt they'd play a Sharks/Dragons derby at ANZ.

storm.gif

On the other end of the scale we have the Storm who are about as consistent as you can get. The Broncos and Warriors are the big drawing teams here and I think Manly will soon be a big rivalry to look forward to each year (they only have one low Manly crowd and that was back in 2003). The other really cool thing about that graph is that most of the record crowds for various teams have been achieved this year. I thought their higher average this year was all down to the Dome game back in round 1 but from the looks of it this year has been good all over.

Manly.gif

I've included Manly because they're so shocking. Before I began following crowds I thought Manly was one of the great clubs of the NRL in terms of support but every way I graph crowds they are embarrassing. The crowds are a dogs breakfast with absolutely no pattern- sometimes people show up and sometimes they dont. There's just no consistency. Throw in a range of between 6 and 20 thousand and you have a crowd loylaty factor of who knows what. If nothing else Manly is living, breathing proof that a dodgy field setup is just not good enough in the modern game. Even after a Premiership tilt they haven't managed to lift their crowds and the only explanation I can come up with is that the crowds rely entirely on weather- if the weather is bad then there's no crowd and only in perfect weather conditions will they be huge. Big games help (ala the recent Storm game) but I wonder what that crowd would be if it were raining. Manly need that ground renovation and they need it fast.

Anyways, that's just what I got from the numbers. If anyone wants their teams figures than just give me a yell and I'll post them as well.

Apey

Staff member
Oh my goodness!!!! NO WAY!!!!! You can't be serious. Bec and Buzz on this website? Where did you find that out from? No wonder why SaveTheChildren's posts were certain responses from some people. I think you should start a thread on this, to notify everyone. A few months ago, when they had the Bulldogs board meetings, no wonder why all of a sudden, one day, I read in the Telegraph and they were randomly quoting certain posters on this forum.

:lol::lol::lol:

Knight87

Juniors
HAHAHAHAHAH YOU ARE f**kING KIDDING!?!?!?

Because of the doom about sydney clubs brisbane's crowds are going down?

So now it is Sydney's fault that they got a sh*t crowd.

Can you imagine rabbitohs fans blaiming North Queensland poor form for a low crowd against the raiders?? The QLD mob on here would tear us apart.

Day of Stupidity more like....

HAHAHHA!:lol: Now, that is GOLD, Brendothejet! Good stuff.:lol: Next time, it will be a Day of Destruction.

While i dont like all our home games being there and would like to see us return to Belmore for 3-4 games a year, ANZ has provided us with a solid base and our crowd average has been going along aliright, its a bit down this year but nothing to terrible.

Since we moved to ANZ fulltime in 2003, our averages have been:

2003: 21,190 (included double header)
2004: 18, 032 (included double header)
2005: 18, 286
2006: 18, 041
2007: 16, 488
2008: 14, 898

Gone down in the last couple of years but they have been shockers, on and off the field, hopefully 2009 we can be back on top and the off field drama is behind us and we can build up again.

ANZ works and should be used but not on a full time basis, 4-5 of the teams bigger home games should be there and the rest at other grounds.

didnt realize the crowds were so good in 05 - 06 witout the benefits of a double header.

a couple of good years on the park and it will be back up there, and over 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.