What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIEHARD

----
Yea sorry for some reason I thought you said Tri Nations. France should tour and play Australia and New Zealand for warm up games and also maybe PNG, Australian Aboriginals or Pacific Islands.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah we need warm up games before these test matches, how big is this World Cup gonna be. Lets hope the Union dont ruin it by putting a game while we've got the World Cup on. :x

Ok we've 4 years to organise lets get rollin'. :D :

I reckon 12-16 teams in the World Cup.

Of course we'll include:

Australia
New Zealand
England
Wales
France
PNG
Russia
Fiji

And then have other teams qualify:

Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Lebanon, USA, Italy, Morocco, New Calendonia, American Samoa, Japan, South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, Canada, etc.

Stage the games in:

Sydney (Aussie, Telstra)
Parramatta
Canberra
Newcastle
Gosford
Wollongong
Brisbane
Townsville
Cairns
Melbourne
Adelaide
Perth

Looking forward to it. :D

DIEHARD

----
We are lucky enough to have some really good stadiums in rugby league strongholds. Such as Newcastle, North Queensland, Canberra, Central Coast, Brisbane, Wollongong and if they get in a beautiful stadium at the Gold Coast. So we are headed for some really healthy crowds, esspecially if it gets the level of promotion it deserves. I'm sure Sydney will embrace their games as well.

Of course we will have games at Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and even New Zealand. But we have so many safe areas to have good crowds we can afford to dedicate a few to some areas that wont draw as big crowds, for the developement of the game.

I'd like to see every RL club in Australia getting behind the World Cup, selling tickets, organising supporter groups and transportation. Not only the NRL but NSWRL and QRL and other RLs.

We should also work on getting a supporter group from PNG over here. There are always plenty of Kiwis in Australia but we should fly more in (Thats the only time you'll ever hear me say that haha) And the English wont let us down, sending over a massive amount of supporters, looking forward to a trip down under for their own World Cup. And us crazy Aussies will be there in droves. :D

Is there any better way to celebrate our 100th Birthday?

Parraren

Bench
How about the Brisbane Broncos v Melbourne Storm for the 2008 GF?

They were foundation clubs for something weren't they?

:lol:

rooster69

Juniors
Sth Qld Crushers vs Gold Coast Chargers at Telstra Stadium 2008 GF , guaranteed crowd of at least 73 people......HUGE !!!

Diehard said:
Yea sorry for some reason I thought you said Tri Nations. France should tour and play Australia and New Zealand for warm up games and also maybe PNG, Australian Aboriginals or Pacific Islands.

This should happen before 2008 IMO.

I would like to see an Aboriginal side, coached by say, Arthur Beetson, go on tour and play Russia, France, Lebanon and the like, good exposure overseas, great experience for the Aboriginal guys (who would not all necessarily be household names either) and great promotion of the game here and overseas.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The English should play in Brisbane in the World Cup, good supporters based in QLD, and plenty of Poms go there for a holiday.

PARRA_FAN said:
The English should play in Brisbane in the World Cup, good supporters based in QLD, and plenty of Poms go there for a holiday.

And the kiwis should play in some reserve around Bondi for the same reason

Big Bunny

Juniors
In the NRL Souths and the Roosters will be celebrating 100 years of existence, Norths, Balmain, Newtown, Wests and the Newcastle RL will do likewise, but for rugby league in Australia and New Zealand we would need to be celebrating in 2007.

Big Bunny

Juniors
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Diehard said:

This should happen before 2008 IMO.

I would like to see an Aboriginal side, coached by say, Arthur Beetson, go on tour and play Russia, France, Lebanon and the like, good exposure overseas, great experience for the Aboriginal guys (who would not all necessarily be household names either) and great promotion of the game here and overseas.

There has been talk of an Aboriginal tour to Russia. I'm not sure if there's much chance of it going ahead though. It would be great if they would tour as part of next years Victory Cup tournament.

Raider_69

Post Whore
2008 GF - Easts V Souths - after 100 years...
that would be sweet but its just about no hope

Latest posts