What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 AFC Asian Cup Round 2 - Indonesia v Australia

Indonesia v Australia

• Win

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
so u dont think having just 1 training session to form combination's is enough mate??.

Your kidding yourself fair enough there all a-league players but mate its not like they play together in 1 squad.

As NKA said GA called the shots last night not Pim

Matt23

Staff member
I'm not surprised we did'nt score with Mr offside's Archie Thompson leading the line.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Who gives a sh*t..

Results are everything, Pim gives us them.

And besides, GA was calling the shots last night

A 0-0 draw with Indonesia is a good result is it? FMD, my standards must be too high then.

And don't give me this crap about GA calling the shots. Verbleak is the coach, he is accountable. He's a smart man passing the blame to Arnold though, and people like you are stupid enough to believe it.

One training session or not, there is no excuse for not one decent chance created, nor one decent set piece.

Anyway, my biggest fear with Pim's methods is exactly what we saw with Arnold's Olyroos, a team that does enough to get the job done against moderate opposition, but offering very little going forward against strong opposition.

We'll qualify for the WC quite easily, then play in the tournament proper with 1 draw, 2 losses, 0 goals for and 3 against.

That may sound negative, but the players (including the senior first teamers) appear to be in a tactical straitjacket at the moment. Two defensive midfielders against the likes of Indonesia, China and Bahrain is an absolute f**king joke no matter what way you look at it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hey fozzie

Been fired from TWG yet mate?

Can you read, or are you blind?

It's not about good or sexy football, its about resembling some sort of football team and at least creating ONE HALF DECENT CHANCE. Not playing five defensive midfielders against a side as poor as Indonesia.

Whatever spin you want to put on it, that was a weak, gutless performance, lacking almost any bright spots of note for a full 90 mins against a truly poor opposition. You can't just put it down to nerves, inexperience etc. or any other excuse you want to pull out.

Verbleak has to get more out of those second string players, you and I both know they aren't as poor as they've shown recently.

You know, there was a time when a nil all draw with Indonesia was considered unacceptable. For mine, we are going backwards, we are conservative and dour, even against mediocre opposition.

I've been watching the NT since the '86 campaign, and the last 12 months has been the most mindnumbingly boring by far. Verbleak makes the Eddie Thompson years look adventurous, and he had to coach against stronger opposition.