What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$200k & $225k

SadShark

Bench
So with the $200k that the Telegraph reports is freed up from the departure of Cuthbo (masterstroke signing), will that go towards paying the tea lady, the electrical tape for socks & bulk toilet paper for the amenities?
Surely a class centre or prop is out of the question. Reece Williams was also reported as retired from the NRL & was on $225k per season.

Inferno

Coach
Link to the story?

And as for Williams, it was known from months ago he would be retiring, so I'd think that money has already been freed up.

That said, if we did have some spare cash there would surely have to be someone from the bunnies worth poaching. I could not possibly see how they could squeeze Inglis in without losing a big name player.

NAS

Juniors
Link to the story?

And as for Williams, it was known from months ago he would be retiring, so I'd think that money has already been freed up.

That said, if we did have some spare cash there would surely have to be someone from the bunnies worth poaching. I could not possibly see how they could squeeze Inglis in without losing a big name player.

Crocker, wesser and potentially sutton would be the only ones I could see souths letting go.

mortz

my thought would be roy and crocker, considering they just re-signed wesser

samshark

Juniors
So with the $200k that the Telegraph reports is freed up from the departure of Cuthbo (masterstroke signing), will that go towards paying the tea lady, the electrical tape for socks & bulk toilet paper for the amenities?
Surely a class centre or prop is out of the question. Reece Williams was also reported as retired from the NRL & was on $225k per season.

The question to ask is how much we have actually paid out to Cuthbo to walk? I mean he hasnt been signed by another club so he is hardly going to give up a years contract money.

Another masterstoke signing by Stuart and Flanagan. Cuthbo was bad I admit, but their ability to get the best out of players who dont fit their ideal mould is terrible. e.g. Bryan Norrie

azzah72

Bench
The question to ask is how much we have actually paid out to Cuthbo to walk? I mean he hasnt been signed by another club so he is hardly going to give up a years contract money.

Another masterstoke signing by Stuart and Flanagan. Cuthbo was bad I admit, but their ability to get the best out of players who dont fit their ideal mould is terrible. e.g. Bryan Norrie

Difference is with cuthbo was i believe flanno was going to give him another go as long as he curbed his silly mistakes and go easier and smarter on the offloads, word is he made it pretty clear and cuthbos first touch that game was when cuthbo threw that offload about 20 meters backwards.

flanno said right there and then that he's never using him in first grade again.

carinashark

First Grade
We should be looking at Monaghan , give it a bit of time to settle down then announce he is with us for a year . Norrie didnt do much at the Storm either.

The Shire

Juniors
Just because we have the money under the cap freed up doesn't mean we have to spend it. Wait until someone with all their limbs and only one head is on the market first. We spend our money like an 8 year old on his birthday.

Front load our cap or what ever it is. Fill our cap this year and have a sh#t load to spend when we get some money from this up front development payment. Last thing we want is to hit gold with this development and then to find there's no money under the cap as we signed people like wesser to a two year deal.

RWB

Bench
Sharks would of given him some kind of a pay out you would think. I wouldn't walk away for a 200k salary knowing the next one I pick up will probably be minimum wage.

Wonder if the Sharks would entertain the idea of Orford?

samshark

Juniors
Just because we have the money under the cap freed up doesn't mean we have to spend it. Wait until someone with all their limbs and only one head is on the market first. We spend our money like an 8 year old on his birthday.

Front load our cap or what ever it is. Fill our cap this year and have a sh#t load to spend when we get some money from this up front development payment. Last thing we want is to hit gold with this development and then to find there's no money under the cap as we signed people like wesser to a two year deal.

Understand what you are saying but the club has got to have some kind of decent year next year, otherwise they will be lucky to get 5000 to games, compounding our financial woes even more. So they need to use this money to buy another player. Who, I dont know but I do know is we are now two players down in the forwards -Willams and Cuthbo.

Millington & Kyle O'Donnell look pretty good right now dont they? More masterstrokes by the recruitment team.

Inferno

Coach
We have lost Cuthbo and Williams but we get back Mannah and have bought J Smith. I think overall we have done a lot better.

The Shire

Juniors
Understand what you are saying but the club has got to have some kind of decent year next year, otherwise they will be lucky to get 5000 to games, compounding our financial woes even more. So they need to use this money to buy another player. Who, I dont know but I do know is we are now two players down in the forwards -Willams and Cuthbo.

Millington & Kyle O'Donnell look pretty good right now dont they? More masterstrokes by the recruitment team.

our issues aren't in the forwards and considering cuthbertson was a blight on our team and williams didnt play last year we are not missing anything there .
If anything the forward pack is stronger with J smith

Its our backs. There is none on the market, so wait. id rather have another average year and wait till players are on the market. Than panic and buy someone for the sake of it and have three average years