What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Round 2 Dragons v Titans

bartman

Immortal
Good on you Dragons, for getting the five posts in. The season's looking up!

Best of luck to both teams.

jersey_dragons_1a.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dragons 427

St Linnane - The Memory That Shapes A Lifetime
Words: 737
Score: 88
So, that explains how your username came to be I suppose. As a debutant in this competition, you have spoken extremely well from the heart from what is obviously a very powerful memory from your childhood, and one I can really relate to. I still remember crying during the 2000 Grand Final, and watching it again this year (yeah, I get it, Brisbane were miles ahead...). A very good read from some young blood. Well done to you, Mr. Reserve-Grade-Five-Eighth.

murphyscreek - Mediocrity Should Not Be Rewarded
Words: 745
Score: 83
Another interesting method to how the Top Eight...sorry...Six could be decided at the end of the year. For something that hasn't been talked about for a while, it's interesting to hear the comments. I don't have much of a problem with the system either, so you've thought it out well (hence, a few research points). I'd like to discuss some of the choices further, it's a good effort.

DRAGONZ_RULE - Life, Love And Rugby League: A Hellish Parade (Chapter 1)
Words: 746
Score: 85
I'll go and say it on a limb. Doing something with chapters is risky. The one thing that could go against you is the fact that I have no idea where it is going to go, yet I'm intrigued. You've given nothing to the possibility of a sequel. For the first chapter however, you've done well. Another piece coming from the heart, and a good job naming the cards, added a nice touch to the piece.

hornbyslittlehottie - A Week In The Life Of A Rugby League Fan
Words: 571 (5 points penalty)
Score: 86 - 5 = 81
If I did every single thing that you mentioned in your article, I'd get extremely nervous before every game (well, more nervous than I already am). I do like how you included the Forum, it seems like a personal touch to us all. In the end, you've described the week as someone who isn't only a Rugby League Fan, but an obsessed Rugby League diehard, and I like it. Well done. However, you have written an extremely small article which, I'm afraid, does incur a five point penalty due to Word Count rules.

dubopov - My Husband
Words: 749
Score: 90
A good read. You've covered every basis in the article, of which I can most certainly relate to. Nothing much else needs to be said, well done. Top read.

[/FONT]
jersey_titans_1.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Titans 435

Amadean - The Tenth Tonsorial Turpitude
Words: 730
Score: 89
Ah the Tongan Agenda, the fact that you missed out Jim Dymock makes me enjoy your article a little bit more I must personally admit. It's an interesting, colourful way of describing...well...crap...I guess. It is cleverly written. And...quietly...I must admit...I tried to look for a hidden message in the names of the players you had on your sheet (for...five minutes). By the way, my Word Count is ten higher than what you wrote, just checking, was it a typo?

bgdc - Which Interminable Off-Contract Saga Are You?
Words: 732
Score: 85
I could say I got "Four Or More A's", but I'd be lying to you. An interesting concept for an article, haven't seen a survey before. A nice mixture of humour included in there as well, which really assists what I've come to personally conclude as an unpredictable, yet thoroughly enjoyable style of writing.

Titanic - A Rugby League Googly
Words: 750
Score: 90
I must say this. You have the ability to turn an over-done issue that is Rugby League mishaps into an interesting personal piece. With more personal twists than a horror movie, it's interesting to see how you personally place the controversies that the game has suffered in the whole sense of the game itself. Well done.

lockyno1 - TV Deal to Make or Break League
Words: 737
Score: 84
As much as I enjoyed the article, this is only my opinion, some of the things you have said have been constantly said lately, albeit, they are still remaining correct. You've added some clever ideas into the piece, such as the "Fan's Choice", although I would be one of many who would love to be bias around my team for that (maybe not, if it was 2009.....). A solid effort, and something that I'd like to see you discuss more.

tits&tans - From The Outside In
Words: 748
Score: 87
Quite an interesting piece you've thrown up here. Coming from someone who is trying to get a partner to enjoy the sport a bit more (it's working...). It's a good piece talking about how, well let's say two-dimensional fans watch a truly three-dimensional game. A good piece.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Referee Note
Congratulations to all of the writers who wrote some great pieces to make the match quite interesting. It's a shame a Word Count penalty was involved, but it happens to the best of them. The Titans have come out close winners, with Titanic (Titans) and dubopov (Dragons) coming out sharing the MAN OF THE MATCH trophy. Well done.
[/FONT]

dubopov

Coach
Thanks Non-Terminator .. congrats to the Titans .. AND, particularly .. GREAT EFFORT by our near Rookie squad ..

murphyscreek

Coach
Well done Titans....worthy winners and too good on the day.

Great effort fellow Dragons. Sorry my score was a bit off the pace this round.

Edit. Nearly forgot....a big congratulations to Titanic and Dubopov for their POTM efforts.

Last edited:

tits&tans

Juniors
well played all - a great game. Congrats Dragons for some fascinating pieces.

Titans - played nicely. Rolling on. Bring on the next game

Titanic

First Grade
Okay lads and lasses (with apologies to bgdc, some of these clowns would have spelt that "lassies" but not me... ah-ah-ah-rooo), good scramble team, we dodged one there with Saints showing some excellent form.

Mme. Dubopov, onya for a quality piece and for leading your mob by example.

Thanks NT for stepping-up.

(I did hear a whisper that The Colonel was in Royal North Shore recovering from a stomach pumping... surely he knows that a case of Cadbury's caramel cream eggs doesn't mix with a dozen iced gingerbread bunnies).

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Congratulations Titans.

Good effort Dragons.

Non Terminator, I didn't want to give too much away, because it is intended to be a story going on for the next 2 or 3 seasons of this competition!

As I said mate, it's a move full of risk, but so far you have got my attention. Keep it up, and the scores will stay up mate.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sorry for the delay guys..... my internet acess from work has become quite limited t the moment and I will endeavour to post the scores tonight. Apologies....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Already marked on the previous page Colonel, post #24. Looks like you can rest easy.