What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup Draw

Engine

Juniors
I think Aust were playing much better four years ago than now. We need to start to play attacking football in any remaining warm up matches we have. If we don't...

*Germany will maul us. We won't keep them scoreless.
*Serbia will prob pip us if we don't play to our potential.
*I think we could possibly shut out Ghana and jag a goal somewhere.

I think we will have one win and two losses.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
France are $15 at the TAB here... thats bloody tempting... even with the rubbish around them... and the rubbish coaching them... they have the individuals to win this easily IMO

Portugal at $22.... if Ronaldo fires... they can beat anyone...

Would be better value throwing money on Portugal to not qualify from the group. They aren't very good.

shiznit

Coach
Would be better value throwing money on Portugal to not qualify from the group. They aren't very good.
i agree... but Ronaldo is the type of player who can have a big influence on a side. he could tear apart ANY side in this competition.

depending on how he goes with Real this season... if hes REALLY hitting his straps it maybe worth putting money on them.

Bumble

First Grade
i agree... but Ronaldo is the type of player who can have a big influence on a side. he could tear apart ANY side in this competition.

depending on how he goes with Real this season... if hes REALLY hitting his straps it maybe worth putting money on them.

:lol:

Ok mate...you first..

Ridders

Coach
Tbh Ronaldo's never really hit his straps when playing for Portugal, at least from what I've seen.

Bulldog Force

Referee
38343929.png

Bumble

First Grade
Just merged the threads and copied BF's table into the first post in the thread..

Tommy Smith

Referee
My tips:

Group A:

France
South Africa

Group B:

Argentina
Greece

Group C:

England
USA

Group D:

Germany
Ghana

Group E:

Netherlands
Cameroon

Group F:

Italy
Slovakia

Group G:

Brazil
Ivory Coast

Group H:

Spain
Chile

Round of 16 Matche-Ups:

France vs Greece
Argentina vs South Africa
England vs Ghana
Germany vs USA

Netherlands vs Slovakia
Italy vs Cameroon
Brazil vs Chile
Spain vs Ivory Coast

Quarter Finals:

France vs England
Netherlands vs Brazil
Argentina vs Germany
Spain vs Italy

Semi-Finals:

England vs Brazil
Germany vs Spain

Final:

England vs Germany

Of course im biased. But aside from that i really can't see too many upsets. I have tipped four African sides to make it through their groups so there is a chance that one of them could go on a bit of a run (except South Africa) but it really is hard to go past the big boys...

SignGuyDino

Juniors
Should be no excuses not to get out of Round 1 for the U.S. Don't think we'll last long against Germany, though. :(

weasel

First Grade
I actually like Algeria as a bit of a darkhorse. I don't think they'll go deep in the tournament, but I won't be surprised if they shock people and get out of that group while maybe one or more of the African sides that everyone's fancying to progress bottle it.

lolesi

First Grade
My friends here are my tips:

Group A:

France
Mexico

Group B:

Argentina
Greece

Group C:

England
USA