What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Alternate jersey options

Feej

First Grade
Thought the first one was the new jersey for the boys that play at Seymore Shaw park. (sp) For god's sake, cant we just go with something like Quigs's suggestion and leave it at that?!!

Craigshark

First Grade
none of them.. what's wrong with the current away jersey?
at least it looks like we're still gonna be here in 2011. =)

newman

First Grade
For gods sake, calm down. Cant any of you read?

This is voting for the ALTERNATE jersey. I have it on good authority that the club is trying to move the HOME jersey back to the original hoops, the club is required to have an alternate jersey by the NRL. Like it or lump it. The hoops jersey we all love is therefore precluded from voting in this exercise.

Further to this I reckon Jerseys 1 and 3 are deliberately awful so that people vote jersey 2 in and our Home and away jerseys for 2011 will be the same design, with different colours.

Quigs

Immortal
Why dont we just borrow the Pennies away jersey as an alternate away strip.

And, it will save the club some dosh too.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Stuff

Juniors
There seems to be some level of confusion here. As I understand it there is a 'Home' jersey, and 'away' jersey and an 'aleternate' jersey.
Would that make the heritage jersey the current 'alternate'?

Craigshark

First Grade
I wish they made the Heritage jersey we wore against Penrith our permanent Home jersey. That is by far the best.

brendo

Juniors
here they are for people who can't see them.

34q5yte.jpg

2ijrfip.jpg

2gvue04.jpg
if the top 1 was all vert stripes it would look good
the current home jersey is better than the middle
and the bottom looks like a titans jersey with grey instead of yellow but they all are better than current away jersey

The Dodger

First Grade
what quigs said, maybe swapping the colours around for alternate, like the blue part white and the white part blue.

thats why i never became a designer...

Inferno

Coach
arent we contractually obligated to keep a design a certain amount of time?

2 years I believe, and we have to wear it at least 6 games a year.

I am VERY happy the club is taking this initiative, it hopefully ensures we have nothing like that grey abomination ever again. If I had to choose i'd pick number 2, but I am not thrilled with any of those three choices.

Also, there is a link to the jersey choices in the Tank, so if you aren't happy make sure you make your voice heard in there, and maybe they'll come back with a few more options.

I'd be happy with either of our 2005 jerseys to be used as our "alternate"

That year our home one was
1926.jpg

Away one was
1506.jpg

El Coconuto

Bench
Gee, haven't been here for a while.

I was so incensed by the abomination of those three designs that I went home after work and scrapped together some thoughts of my own. Here's how I would do it next season with the eventual plan to move back to the hoop designs as soon as we can after that.

attachment.php

Inferno

Coach
I don't see the point in having an "Alternate" and an "Away" jersey El C, but I really love both those designs you've suggested. Especially the "Alternate" given we are heading back to the hoops design for our main one.

Southern Shark

Juniors
No Argument.
Get back to our original 1978 type for the home jersey in the same shade of blue as in 1978.
And make the away jersey the black one similar to No. 2. And wear the jumpers for the next 10 years. No trendy soccer designs or other marketing stunts.

reformedref

Juniors
They are all crap - keep what we have - dont see how it would clash with anyone so why do we need an away strip - stop changing the jersey then we would all buy one so if it is revenue they are wanting that covers that