What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

docbrown

Coach
Dragons, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Eels, Broncos & Tigers should be aiming for at least 25k.
Knights, Titans, Storm, Warriors & Cowboys at least 20k.
Sea Eagles, Roosters, Sharks, Panthers & Raiders at least 15k.

Within 3 years.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Dragons, Bulldogs, Rabbitohs, Eels, Broncos & Tigers should be aiming for at least 25k.
Knights, Titans, Storm, Warriors & Cowboys at least 20k.
Sea Eagles, Roosters, Sharks, Panthers & Raiders at least 15k.

Within 3 years.

Gotta get those prices down first.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wow the Warriors have work to do. They don't seem a very innovative organisation. With all the fans they have in oz you would think they would do a membership specifically aimed at each city, similiar to the Broncos have for fans in NSW and Victoria.

Billythekid

First Grade
28% is a great increase for the year. Only having 1 team go backwards is also fantastic. If we can get a result anything like that next year we will be in a great position.

flamin

Juniors
Here's a chart from back in 2010 which has 09s numbers.

And when they're graphed (cause everybody loves graphs!):

I couldn't find any info from earlier years but I do recall that not long back quite a few Sydney teams were between 1000-3000 and our total was somewhere around 50000.
If anyone can find any info let me know and I'll add it.

azza29

Juniors
28% is a great increase for the year. Only having 1 team go backwards is also fantastic. If we can get a result anything like that next year we will be in a great position.

Club will quickly realise that memberships are a great revenue source, and more memberships = bigger crowds. It'd be good to see attendance become a bigger part of NRL culture, very healthy for the game overall.

the dude

Juniors
Yep, I am and will always be a Souths member regardless of where we finish on the table.. The push for membership has been great and I hope all clubs continue to improve in 2012.

the dude

Juniors
Great numbers for Newcastle. I think next year they will hopefully crack 20k.

Hard to see Souths improving too much, I can't imagine many people who didn't buy a membership in 2011 buying one in 2012.. Should hit 20k easily though.

Manly and the Tigers will probable see a surge too, would be good to see them hit 15k.

Panthers, Raiders, Warriors and Cowboys should be aiming for at least 10k.. How can teams like the Raiders/Warriors/Cowboys not even have 10k members? Considering the amount of fans they should have based on location.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Warriors need more publicity in the media in NZ, they get about as much coverage as Perth does Rugby, which is not alot. I think if they moved to Eden Park which is more centralised than they'd get bigger crowds.

docbrown

Coach
And when they're graphed (cause everybody loves graphs!):

I couldn't find any info from earlier years but I do recall that not long back quite a few Sydney teams were between 1000-3000 and our total was somewhere around 50000.
If anyone can find any info let me know and I'll add it.

It's only 3 but it looks like Warriors & Cowboys have lost ground. That said given their finals run this year, things should rebound in 2012.

IMO the best time to be selling memberships is during the finals - to capitalise on rabid fan interest.

H.H

Juniors
It's only 3 but it looks like Warriors & Cowboys have lost ground. That said given their finals run this year, things should rebound in 2012.

IMO the best time to be selling memberships is during the finals - to capitalise on rabid fan interest.
Absolutely- Roosters did this last year with great results.

They would sell it with the finals ticket, so on day one of the "official" meberships going on sale, they had already sold 800 or so memberships.

The momentum from there got us to 10k which was a great result.

I think we'll do well to reach that number again in 2012, but that should be the aim at the very least.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Warriors need more publicity in the media in NZ, they get about as much coverage as Perth does Rugby, which is not alot. I think if they moved to Eden Park which is more centralised than they'd get bigger crowds.

No one involved with the Warriors is in favour of that. Even the fans (especially the fans Id say).

Apparently it attracts a bad crowd. Fair enough Id say.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
^ true.

However, the fans were also strongly against moving to Eden Park for that one of game at the start of the year and that was a resounding success. It become the talk of the town, so who knows?